Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- listen to the waves crash;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel tilted her head, pondering about what it might be considered, being like to have her . . . unique attributes. SHe'd never really thought about it - they had always just been a part of her. She hadn't really imagined a time with out them, or what it might feel like to not have it, especially her tail. It was an extension of herself, it was what made her survive the water with the agility and grace she did so - the speed to outrun predators, avoid dangers, dodge coral beds. All of it.

Still, she tried to find a way to explain it, before finally deciding to just allow him to touch it. As his eyes widened at the offer, she managed a half amused smile, shifting and curling her tail towards him so he wouldn't have to dip too low to press his nose against her tail. At his response, his smile, she nodded with a light smile of her own, "Yes, it's not quite like normal hides. My pod and I, we're all built similar. We're lacking that second, denser undercoat, and the top coat that we do have tends to be of a silkier texture. Both to aid in water. The silkiness of the strands allow water to be repelled from it better, and aids in our ability to swim with out being weighed down by heavy wet fur, an effect that is doubled as I've got much less hair than most. I never imagined myself as a selkie though . . . . I do know that if you ignore the fur, I've got a similar feel as that of a whale . . . . although, now that I say that, you've probably never swam with one to even know what they are like . . ."

She fell silent for a moment, before she spoke again, her primary set of eyes turning to gaze at her tail, even as the second set refocused on him from the corner of the eye. "Anyways . . . while it's super useful, my tail I mean, when I'm swimming . . . it also helps with balance on land. And I need all the helping fins I can get with that! When you've lived most of your life underwater, you tend to deal with a different sort of . . . atmosphere maybe . . . around you. Air like water. You have to give yourself a lot more power to push through water . . . So now that I'm here on land, I'm constantly tumbling from stepping forward with too much force behind my steps. Makes me feel like an upside down newly hatched fry . . . . trying to get my barrings, and understanding exactly how to walk on harder soil . . . So, my tail helps stabilize me a lot, acting like a counterweight for my balance." She added with a subtle shrug of her shoulders that caused the fin down her back to ripple with the motion, "Unfortunately, I'm not sure how else to explain it . . . but please, feel free to ask anything else . . . . and I hope I'll be able to explain it well enough." Well, within reason anyways . . . She might explain her mutations, but that was all she was willing to really explain to a stranger, even one who seemed as nice as Lasair.

Thoughts
Speech

Tagging: @Lasairian

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
-- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM