Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- listen to the waves crash;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Below Zero

my frost philosophy will put no curse on me

Bel was steadily growing more and more comfortable as she talked to the stallion, her previous nerves disappearing fairly well. Perhaps not as quick as more socially adept creatures, but well enough that she was returning smiles and answering questions. She could still hear herself rambling her answers though, a bad habit when she was still in that 'i'm shy and not sure what to make of you just yet' stage. Which probably was the biggest contributing factor to the word vomit that she'd unleashed at the topic of her tail.

She was grasping straws to try and keep herself mostly under control and not look like a frightened guppy attempting to talk it's way out of a potential confrontation. She was certain she was passing herself off for far more collected than she actually was feeling, but she eager clung to any topic presented to her, which is definitely why she couldn't not comment about the whales, "Word of caution, don't get too close if you absolutely can. They're big, and while most are gentle giants, they have a tendency to swim through you rather than around you. They don't mean to, but they forget their own size." She mused, before he could start making plans to coming across a whale.

Besides, whales lived in deep waters . . . with lots of other terrifying creatures, with large teeth or deadly tentacles. There were dangers out in the depths, dangers that tempered the beauty and calmness of the waters. It took one flip of the fin to put yourself in dangerous waters, and even an experienced swimmer like Bel had to keep her wits about her out there. His next comments startled her though, her head turning towards him. Was there any things to help heal her people. There was a certain tensing of her body, her gaze shifting away from him, suddenly hesitating with information. What should she say. There were few methods of medical treatment. Any wound would leak blood into the water. Any disease caught was too dangerous to spread in such cold climates. It was rare for anything to be treated with out exile. The safety of the all out-weighed the value of the one.

She didn't meet his gaze this time as she spoke, her words more halted, stilted as she tried to find the best way to respond, "Uhm . . . healing methods? I know . . . that sometimes if we were land-bound for a long period, small wounds would be treated with a poultice of sorts. Using seaweed and sponges - I don't know what kinds though, as well as mollusks that have been crushed into a paste. The weird paste was applied to seaweed which would then be wrapped around or over the wound, with additional paste to hold it in place. The sponges were quick fix sort of things . . . but being near and in water so much, it's hard to keep a wound clean, much less medication on it. Sometimes we'd chew the seaweed, it's helps with swelling and stuff . . . . but . . ." She paused, her features twitching into a grimace, "Well, typically if you're wounded . . . depending on the severity . . . there's . . . no treatment that can be done. Blood leaks into the water . . . it gets the attention of . . . " Her eyes were hollow as she turned back towards Lasair, "The safety of the Pod had to come first . . . it's a dangerous world, where I come from . . . . Extremely dangerous."

Thoughts
Speech

Tagging: @Lasairian

i feel no cold, i feel no fear inside my mind

Now I'm full of energy

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
-- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM