Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - -- listen to the waves crash;

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lasairian

is this a natural feeling or is it just me bleeding?
Lasairian just wanted to keep the conversation from going into deep and dark waters, because as much as he wanted to learn more from Bel, he wasn't interested in causing discomfort to do so. He was hoping that he could direct the conversation into something that was less bothersome to Bel. Obviously the medical path of conversation did not work for her, but considering what she had said of it, that made sense. Real wounds usually spelled death, and before even that, bans from the pod. That sounded most awful to Lasairian. In a group like that, he would be useless, which was a horrible thought. To know they couldn't even take the time to try.

That could mess anyone up, though perhaps that made for stouter types in the face of all that. Lasairian wasn't sure that was totally a good thing, but to survive, cultures did what they had to do. Under the water was an entirely different world, this was made more obvious by what he was learning. Something that his own would have never been able to thrive within, simply because of the nature of those in the Bheo and just how prone that they were to challenge and fight each other. Lasairian couldn't say he hadn't done it as well, though it was easy enough to put that sort of life behind him now. He didn't need it here.

More time for him to study, to read from the library of magic and medical things to better himself, and time to gather plants and herbs that could be helpful to him. To go out and meet others, learn stories and so forth; whatever would be helpful as he went forward. So far he hadn't gotten a chance to heal anyone, but perhaps that was for the best. Gave him time to learn new things and perfect his skills more. To take time to learn more about how magic worked in this realm, how some ended up gaining it. Lasairian missed his ability to wield such things, and even now still used runes, dormant as they currently were. Old habits died hard.

When Bel spoke, Lasairian listened to her, nodding gently to her words. He understood to a point -- that point being that some things were done in a culture that might not always make sense to others from an observational standpoint -- but he couldn't pretend to understand what it might feel like to live that way. He respected her feelings and the sacrifices she must have made in her life, and did not want to say more that could be upsetting. He certainly did not need her thanks, and felt odd at hearing it, as his kind where he was from were often to do, and did not respond to that.

When she asked if he was a healer, Lasairian dipped his head, "yes, I've had training in it during my youth, and I decided to pursue it as an occupation here. I wouldn't be sure what else I would do without magic, and this helps others. It felt like the best choice for me here," he responded evenly, wondering what it must be like to hear such a thing after the life she had led before. He hoped that it at least gave her a better outlook on how life could be for her here, if nothing else. That there were more options for sickness and wounds, that it wouldn't so often end in loss as it sounded like it did out in the waters.
tag — @Below Zero
template by cas • equine lines by AriesRedLo • border image from hashtag-bg.com

Messages In This Thread
-- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-21-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-21-2019, 10:41 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-23-2019, 05:30 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-23-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Below Zero - 05-24-2019, 01:02 AM
RE: -- listen to the waves crash; - by Lasairian - 05-24-2019, 12:35 PM