Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Cally stared at the male in obvious confusion as he watched her with a small smile. What had him so amused, she couldn't fathom . . . she was trying to stress a very serious point, a key aspect to her general being. A reason she is the way she is, or rather who she was. But of course, he had to startle her by complimenting the horn - little did she know that he had more to say. His words were soft, almost vow-like, his eyes trained fully on her as he used words she had NEVER heard in conjunction to herself. Unique. Beautiful. Special. She blinked a few times before suddenly cocking her head to the side and visibly looking around, "Okay, so there's no one around but me, so clearly you really where speaking to me . . . ." Her words were slow, as if trying to talk out a very difficult subject before finally rolling her shoulders in a shrug and actually dismissing his words out of hand, believing them to not be true, or at least not accurate, "Look you don't need to suck-up with fancy words and false sincerity. I'm well aware I'm not flashy enough to catch a second glance. Unique and different might be a good way to describe me, but save the fancier sweet-nothings for a mare you're actually trying to woo." She didn't bother trying to explain that she wasn't worth the breath to give such compliments anyway. Her mother had made certain the little brown fawn grew up understanding just how undesirable brown, and plainness was.

Sure, now a days, Cally certainly wasn't as plain as she had been, but even in gaining some new markings, it was still just a very, very wide variety of browns. Browns of every shade dotted different areas of her pelt, and often as she looked into her reflection she couldn't help but laugh bitterly at how royally that foreign magic had changed her. Gone were her chances to become something beautiful and vibrant. Gone was her special brand of magic, and her chosen life path of druid-ism. Gone was all of her more favored possessions. She often felt lucky that she had managed to locate her satchel and cloak after digging around the area she'd been dropped in. But no sign of her staff, knife or bow and arrows could be discovered . . . and that staff had been painful to lose after having carved it herself, and that didn't account for the hours and months put in to bonding with the tree that had gifted her with the limb it had been made from. So much of who, and what she was . . . lost.

Thankfully atleast this conversation was slowly being salvaged. They had come to an understanding of just what had gone wrong, or rather where they both had seemed to over step bounds - even if the stallion had pushed more barriers than she had. She glanced towards him when admitting he had acted abominably to her, before asking for her forgiveness, stating that he couldn't live with the most beautiful doe of Novus hating him. This time her eyes half narrowed, before her chin jutted up, "More like the only doe in Novus. At least I haven't met any other deer here yet . . . ." She paused, clearly glowing thoughtful and a little hopeful at the thought of other deer, or at least deer hybrids (like she'd been transfigured it into).

And then he had to come up with another nickname for her and she stared at him in confusion, "Why would you call me a goddess? I'm not a goddess. I'm an ex-druid, but not a goddess." Her expression was of innocent confusion as she tried to figure out where he might have her confused with a deity, and what deity could she be confused from? Her people didn't really have deities, and she knew nothing about these ones in Novus. She honestly wasn't sure what to make of the comment, and never for the life of her would she assume it was intended as an offered term of endearment. You needed experience with that sort of things, and she hadn't had softness directed towards her like that since her father when she was knee high to the robin.

She tilted her head when he spoke again, and she immediately started to huff, even as a part of her recognized his teasing, but she would meet it in kind, "Oh really. And I bet you just LOVE sleeping in the middle of caves, making sure to get in the way of any wayward traveler, and then accusing them of murder when they so much as trip of your. You probably take joy in being practically invisible in the dark." She retorted, even as a faint smile tugged at the corner of her lightly hued muzzle. She stared him down, "Frankly, i think running through a forest to be more fun, when you can learn to leap and lunge around the trees and their roots. Running through a forest where I might run into a wall and get my horn stuck in a crack again - no fun, thank you very much." One had to wonder, with the casual comment, if the little doe made a habit out of getting her horn stuck in obscure locations. No, no she did not. But that didn't stop it from happening.

She awkwardly gave him directions while starting her exploration back into the cave system, and nodded once when he commented on thinking he could do it. Good, least they run into trouble . . . and really she couldn't say no to a questing party anyway. She headed into the cave with him soon following and she quietly made her way, expertly moving around lose rocks and avoid jagged pieces of sharp stone jutting up from the floor or hanging from the roof. She glanced back occasionally to give him warning for his step, before her eyes suddenly caught sight of a slight light in the distance, and instantly the little doe's eyes were brightening as she glanced back at the stallion, "Alright, keep up if you can, but be careful. Slide on one loose rock and you might not get up from it." And then with out warning the little deer was breaking out into a quick run, expertly weaving around rocks and loose footing areas until coming up to the cavern filled with the luminescent bugs she'd been hoping to find. Her eyes lit up as she looked around, before her horn glowed a vibrant green and her saddlebag flap opened. She rummaged through it before growling in despair at another item that had been clearly left behind by the stupid portal of magic. Where was a vial when she needed one! She glanced around before finding a large rock. The same glow of her horn slowly encased the rock as she lifted it up and slammed it against some of the bugs, whispering a silent prayer and apology with each one, but successfully coating the rock with glowing bug bits. Finally stepping away from the glowing rock, she offered a final prayer of thanks and apology to the bug colony for the sacrifices and silently promised to make sure she had vials next time.

She returned to the odd hued stallion with the now glowing rock in her possession as she glanced at him, "The glow on it won't last long, it would have been better if I could have snagged some of the glow bugs to keep alive, so let's use it to the best of our ability while we have it and see what we can find in this cave." She glanced around him to where the path split of into two directions, "So, left or right?"

"Speech"

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM