Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
The little doe was easily in a situation she had never been in before. From being almost violently (though not physically) accused of practical horse-slaughter with her horn, to now . . . dare she call it flirting. He did realize they were of different species right? Well, mostly different species. She was fairly certain she was much more dear than horse, and this wasn’t her natural form anyways. It was just a . . . . corrupted mutant of a body – similar enough to her own for a nod of acknowledge, different enough that she didn’t like looking at it for long periods of time. Too tall. Too long-limbed. Too bulky. Too . . . . horsey. Still, he appeared to be flirting if his next response was anything to take into account. She merely frowned at him, though a touch of amusement (and a very small pinch of skepticism) danced in her emerald gaze. He might not say things that were false, but his words were opinionated, and unfortunately for him, it was not an opinion she shared. While true her new form might be a bit more flashy, it was still brown and it wasn’t hers. He then reiterated the point, calling her flashy and beautiful, and suggesting that he was trying to woo.

Her response was paused, on held as she thought over what to say to his words, before slowly speech came to her. “While I appreciate your apparent honesty, your opinions differ from mine . . . but, do understand, what you see isn’t what I want to see. You see a flashy and beautiful doe-horse hybrid. I see a monster encasing what I’m supposed to be.” Her smile turned soft, almost bittersweet, “So, thank you . . . . but, I’m afraid I’m biased against my . . . façade.” Yes, façade, a mask obscuring what she really was from the sight of Novus. An equine-fix to what had been at one point a pretty but understated doe. “And, I’d suggest against attempting to woo this doe, we are of different species . . . er, mostly, and I hardly imagine we’re that suited for each other.” She mused, contemplating the obvious differences in personality, before grinning at him and winking as she added, “Besides, you never know, I might accidentally stab you more fatally, especially if you become bothersome and annoying once more. Mind you, it’d still be an accident . . . of course.” She teased with obvious humor.

Fake outrage crossed her face, as she posed one hoof in the air, her tail perking straight up in false surprise and indigination, “Sassy? Me? Why I never. I most certainly am not, nope; not a sassy hair on this pelt of mine. I’m the best behaved doe in the whole wild world.” Unless you asked her mother of course, who had a much more volatile opinion on her daughter’s mannerisms, with the words heathen, wild, and uncultured popping up just as often as messy and unmannered. The untamable comment might be taken as a compliment by the brown doe, however. Her expression does drop for a moment, as the image of the deer she left behind when crossing the portal came to thought. “Although I wouldn’t be opposed to some of those familiar cervinae faces.” She admitted, her tone softer and wistful at the thought of the missed friends.

Goddess, Ex-Druid, the entire little flirting comment both appeared to be something that neither fully understand, for as soon as he spoke of it sounding as if she had been un-appreciated, her ears fell back and her eyes turned hard, and cold, “My people, my companions had great appreciation for my talents and abilities. It’s the cold and cruel magic that brought me from my home that twisted and locked my powers far from my reach. That’s the reason I’m an ex-druid, because what is a druid without her magic.” Her tone was cold, hollow and bitter; a sudden and sharp difference from what it had been before. Her body was still, coiled and tense, that of a hunter ready to chase after its’ prey and maul it down. Having something so powerful, so pure, so her trapped beyond her reach did not make well for the being that was once Cally, and it had changed a part of her, twisting in in coldness and hatred that amplified with each day that she felt that hollow-emptiness in her chest where her magic was supposed to be, should have been. It wasn’t her, but it was the her that the corrupted, horrid magic of that portal had made her into.

His next words lightened her, softening her eyes again, distracting her from that hollowed piece of her soul, distracting her from the silence she was surrounded in, the lack of song that should have been emanating from the world around her, distracted her from the despair the emptiness created. She felt a sudden surge of gratitude for the stallion. “Hmm, I don’t know if I’d like claiming the hearts of stallions, forcing worship from them.” A gleam entered her eyes, playful teasing and carefree, “I prefer stags anyways. Mhmm, nothing hotter than a full set of antlers, you know.” She taunted playfully, expression emphasizing the teasing to her voice, “I’ve yet to see what makes a stallion better than a buck, and after all, I am but a doe, not a mare.” Kinda, mostly, in heart at least.

The playful teasing that was slowly starting to be drawn up between the two help further chase the knowledge of her lost abilities and being from her mind, letting herself fully become distracted by the stallion just as she had been when he’d showered her in angry comments and accusations. He was nothing if not demanding of ones’ full attention. And when trying to avoid painful memories, it could be easier to cave to those demands. She did roll her eyes at his comment, before raising one delicately arched brow, highlighting the lighter pigment of color around her expressive eyes, “Now, now, hold one. Wait one moment. If given the chance, and you sleep in the middle of my path, I cannot be held responsible for any other flesh wounds received, given that you cannot appear to learn from your past actions.” She warned with an amused expression crossing her delicate features, “And I’d hate to be accused of marring your, what was it you used ‘glorious pelt’ by a giant hole in your shoulder next time.” She teased, an almost wickedly amused expression on her face, as if imagining the scene such a would wound would cause with him, made her wonder if his cries and howls of the destruction of his pelt would scare a would be attacker into withdrawing and yielding in a fight. Having been on the receiving end of ‘look what you did to my beauty’ rants, she imagined it would.

Her gaze narrows, and she tossed her short and choppy mane back with a huff, “It does NOT cause me trouble, I just . . . tend to forget about it. I wasn’t born with it after all. And I don’t ENJOY sticking it where it doesn’t belong! No one likes having to explain to a laughing friend why they’re stuck in a tree, 5 feet in the air, by the embedded horn . . . er, not that I would know from experience or anything. Just hypothetically speaking and all.” That was NOT a story she wanted to have to share, and she gratefully grabbed at the next topic with both hooves only to wish she could shove it back again, once more rolling her eyes at him, “Hmm, me, nurse you back to health? On an unrelated note, what might be the poisonous berries in the area?” Her smile showed not honesty in the question asked, and her nose had wrinkled in distaste even as she spoke it, “On a more serious note, you really don’t want to rely on me as a nurse-doe. Not my talent range. I’d likely forget that you’re supposed to be needing nursing and would go rushing off on some new adventure and come back days later to see you succumbing to dehydration and starvation. Not a good way to go, I’d assume. And my bedside manner would be horrible.” She teased.

Creating the small stone of light from the natural elements had not been her favorite thing to do, killing those innocent creatures – and the green glow around her horn was the only remaining effect of her once previous powers – the simple color of her magic visualized. At least one basic thing remained, perhaps she should be grateful for that . . . but it just wasn’t enough. He did choose a tunnel to travel though, rolling her eyes at his explanation for a choice, even as she started to head down the right tunnel passage with an amused shake of her head, “Well, come along then; stallion. Best not be left behind in the dark; and we can see what dangers and adventures live in these cave systems."

"Speech"

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM