Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

“While I appreciate your apparent honesty, your opinions differ from mine . . . but, do understand, what you see isn’t what I want to see. You see a flashy and beautiful doe-horse hybrid. I see a monster encasing what I’m supposed to be. So, thank you . . . . but, I’m afraid I’m biased against my . . . façade. And, I’d suggest against attempting to woo this doe, we are of different species . . . er, mostly, and I hardly imagine we’re that suited for each other. Besides, you never know, I might accidentally stab you more fatally, especially if you become bothersome and annoying once more. Mind you, it’d still be an accident . . . of course.” Coy grinned unrepentant, shaking his tri-colored head and laughing. "Oh Cally dear... Last time I checked, I was able to form my own opinions about your beauty... and I am willing to overlook your hatred for your self. Or at least for your appearance. I know nothing about what you went through, but I do NOT see a monster. I see a tiny, sassy, spunky little creature that is possessed by elegance and heart that I would love to see more of. Perhaps the difference of species is what suits us perfectly... Heaven knows that your typical horse becomes boring and dull after a while." He spoke softly, his voice carrying easily in the cave. "And of course the next wound will be an accident... I guess I should just accept that my pelt will be riddled with holes from driving you insane..." He looked innocent as he stated that he was going to be driving her nuts whenever possible.

“Sassy? Me? Why I never. I most certainly am not, nope; not a sassy hair on this pelt of mine. I’m the best behaved doe in the whole wild world. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to some of those familiar cervinae faces.” Coy laughed at her sarcasm, cyan eyes twinkling. "Uh huh... best behaved... not sassy... Have you found anyone that believes that, beautiful?" He asked, laughing and watching her face. Yep, he was enjoying being able to read her face and her emotions. "Unfortunately, I cannot help with familiar faces, but perhaps I can become one that you like to spend time with..." He offered, a pang of disappointment at the knowledge that she wanted others that she was missing and that he was not one of those.

“My people, my companions had great appreciation for my talents and abilities. It’s the cold and cruel magic that brought me from my home that twisted and locked my powers far from my reach. That’s the reason I’m an ex-druid, because what is a druid without her magic.” Coy frowned and dipped his head, dropping his gaze from her. "It seems that I have made a mistake again.. I didnt mean to imply that you werent appreciated in general. I just meant your beauty. I do hope that you find the key to that lock and can possibly become happy with yourself once again. If I can help, I would be honored to be of assistance." He said, still looking chagrined as he turned his gaze back to her. "Just because your magic is locked away for now, does not make you still a druid. There is more to it than just magic. It is a way of life and thinking that you still take part in. If nothing else, you have the heart of a druid." He said softly, tilting his head to watch her as he spoke.

“Hmm, I don’t know if I’d like claiming the hearts of stallions, forcing worship from them. I prefer stags anyways. Mhmm, nothing hotter than a full set of antlers, you know. I’ve yet to see what makes a stallion better than a buck, and after all, I am but a doe, not a mare.” Coy chuckled, glad that she was away from the sorrow over her lost magic, at least for now. "Oh honey... You do not need to force worship from some stallions." He winked, pausing as he recognized the latter part of her comment. "I see... so I will have to worry about stallions that you find with antlers..." Coy let loose a dramatic sigh, looking like his world had ended. "One failing that I cannot fix, nor did I know that I had it." He stated mournfully.

“Now, now, hold one. Wait one moment. If given the chance, and you sleep in the middle of my path, I cannot be held responsible for any other flesh wounds received, given that you cannot appear to learn from your past actions. And I’d hate to be accused of marring your, what was it you used ‘glorious pelt’ by a giant hole in your shoulder next time.” Coy laughed. "Where is the fun in learning from mistakes when if you hadnt made them... well... perhaps I wouldnt have met such a lovely, sweet little doe." Yes, he was teasing and referencing her comment about being the best behaved doe. "Fine... I shall learn... Just means I will have to hope and pray that I dont miss out on such scintillating conversation." He was smiling and chuckling as he spoke, eyes alight with happiness.

“It does NOT cause me trouble, I just . . . tend to forget about it. I wasn’t born with it after all. And I don’t ENJOY sticking it where it doesn’t belong! No one likes having to explain to a laughing friend why they’re stuck in a tree, 5 feet in the air, by the embedded horn . . . er, not that I would know from experience or anything. Just hypothetically speaking and all.” She tried to pass that off and hurry past the story, but Coy grinned. "Stuck in a tree... Five feet in the air... There has to be more to that story than you are saying.... Like how in the world did you get your horn in a tree that high? You are a short little thing!" Coy could barely breathe as he spoke, struggling to keep from laughing hysterically a the mental image. In his mind's eye, he could see her delicate body hanging from a tree and the frustration and outrage that must have been on her face at the time. "Nope... No trouble at all..." Coy choked out, tears leaking from his eyes as he laughed.

“Hmm, me, nurse you back to health? On an unrelated note, what might be the poisonous berries in the area? On a more serious note, you really don’t want to rely on me as a nurse-doe. Not my talent range. I’d likely forget that you’re supposed to be needing nursing and would go rushing off on some new adventure and come back days later to see you succumbing to dehydration and starvation. Not a good way to go, I’d assume. And my bedside manner would be horrible.” Coyote looked at her in horror. "You would leave me to go on an adventure and let me starve?!" He huffed out a sigh and shook his head. "Nope... no relying on you to nurse me back to health... I think dying of injuries would be preferable to starving!" He shook his head and took a moment to glance at his wound. It seemed that it would heal well, already scabbing over with no signs of infection. He paused... Who knew where all that horn had been! She just admitted to stabbing a poor defenseless tree with it!

“Well, come along then; stallion. Best not be left behind in the dark; and we can see what dangers and adventures live in these cave systems." Coy flicked an ear, shooting her a mild glare. "I do have a name, tiny... And I was even polite enough to give it to you... So there is no need to call me stallion. Dont worry, I will keep you safe, little deer." He teased with the last sentence, shaking his head and striding beside her.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
Notes: All the giggles while writing this post XD

The absolute BEST revenge...
is to stay fabulous.

Coding: Dyzzie - Image: Chaosy

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM