Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Cally was growing steadily more comfortable with the male before her, even if their meeting hadn't been . . . ideal. It had been a different kind of experience for the little doe (though she couldn't blame him, or the situation . . . and she was sadly used to difficulties arising from her horn). Still, she wasn't sure what to make of the flirting. It was just . . . not something she was used to. It was a foreign interaction. She was typically the one introducing a lovestruck buck to a friend, not dealing with the flirting herself. The male was still grinning at her, laughing even when he commented on being able to form his own opinions. His reference to her shortened name did surprise her briefly. She'd only introduced herself as Callynite after all. She smiled faintly, almost awkwardly, "Oh, I can assure you, I definitely do not hate myself . . . but I am not fond of this corrupted form I've been forced to take. I suppose I'm just pointing out, this beauty you appear to see . . . it isn't me." It wasn't. And a part of her would always know that. It was the appearance the corrupted magic had given her. Her own world would have given her so much more in terms of appearance, mutations, and possibilities, true color coming in to show her prowess as an explorer, and adventurer, a party-ready druid. Now, she didn't know if she'd even be able to return. The stallion did make a point to tell her he did not see a monster, instead calling her a tiny, sassy and spunky little creature with elegance and heart. Her posture had shifted, slightly embarrassed and touching on awkward, as she huffed in a playful manner, "Alright, alright, enough of that now. You're embarrassing me." And he was, she'd never had a single word kindly spoken to her in such a manner, building her up in such a way. Sure, her father; had spoken highly of her, but it was in a different manner than this. She did grin faintly when he commented that the next would would of course be an accident, even as she huffed and stomped a back leg, "You would NOT be riddled with holes. I'm more careful then that. It's the horns fault anyway!" She pouted, for a moment appearing almost child like as she huffed about.

Sassy honestly was a perfect term for the little creature of energy and personality. She grinned faintly when he laughed at her, he obviously questioning her best behaved and not sassy attributes. She shrugged in disintrust, a light motion of her shoulder, "Someone might believe it . . . somewhere . . . . maybe . . . if they haven't actually met me at least." She admitted with a soft grin, before tilting her head at his next words, her grin shifting to a faintly amused smile with just a touch of melancholy to it, "Well, I can't oppose to making new friends, right?" And she could imagine they could certainly be friends in the future, but that didn't mean she didn't miss the familiar deer of her home, of the Thicket. Was Frosty still trying to act all tough, and pretending she didn't know what love was? Was Terpsi still trying to learn how to make friends with others, or was she still too smart to be social? Had Kiele learned how to talk above the level of a whisper, or did her shyness keep her mute? Was Kode still causing havoc with every step he made? She didn't even know if she'd ever see the herd again . . . . And she missed her friends.

Her hatred for what had happened to her was obvious in the cold, hardness of her eyes, and she barely noticed the male's frown, the dip of his head, dropping of his gaze when he spoke of making a mistake, commenting that she'd not been appreciated in general, before wishing her luck in finding the key to be herself again. His next words had him melting some of the hardness that the memories, the knowledge of what all she had lost; had caused. She glanced away, her own voice softer, "I may have the heart of a druid . . . but the things that made me a druid are gone, and until I recover them I will not take up the title. I will not falsely claim to be what I cannot. But I won't stop until my abilities are released, and I am whole once more." And she was determined to let that happen.

She tilted her head when he commented on her not needing to force worship, and simply shook her head, still not believing too fully in his supposed admiration for her. She was too small, too brown. He might not see, but she did. She felt like a fawn next to any of these full grown horses. They towering so high above her, and her tiny 10 hands making her look closer to a foal. She did have to laugh, suggesting he'd have to worry about stallions with antlers being discovered, and merely rolled her eyes, "Even a stallion with antlers isn't a buck." She teased. She rolled her eyes at his mournful expression, and smirked playfully, "Oh yes, because who would ever have thought that Huehuecoyotl would ever have a failing?" She taunted, saying his name for the first time, even if using the full version, the name slipping from her tongue with the ease of being around others with more odd, and intricate names. It took her forever to learn Terpsichore's name, Huehuecoyotl was just about as hard as Terpsi's full name.

She rolled her eyes when he commented on there being no fun in learning from mistakes, even as she huffed under her breath, "I'll show you lovely, sweet little doe." before narrowing her eyes more firmly, "I hardly consider repeating mistakes to be a wise decision. Particularly if you get trampled by far larger beasts than I. In my court there's a stallion with flaming hooves who is so large I can see him from MILES away. Haven't actually properly met him yet, but he'd CRUSH you with out even seeing you in the dark. So don't sleep in the middle of the path." Not that she'd miss his snarky attitude if he had been crushed. Okay, maybe she'd miss him a little bit. But only a little bit, and at odd times when she might 'think upon that odd stallion that died sleeping in a cave.' That was it though, certainly. Still his determination that his sleeping place had been such a good thing had her rolling her eyes once more, shaking her head, "You, stallion; are exasperating." She huffed.

He started with a grin, that soon begame breathless as he tried to keep from laughing, which further turned to laughter with tears and all. THe entire time the tiny form was huffing angrily before him, her tiny form primmed with a violent response - a vocal one that is. "IT WASN'T MY FAULT!" She said with earnest. "And it was a hypothetical situation! Stop LAUGHING! It wasn't that funny!" She then fell silent, visibly pouting and her muzzle shut tight, refusing to tell the story of her learning to walk on vines, tripping over one and flying through the air only to be stopped by a horn through a limb. Hanging there while Frost laughed, then got their friends; and then they all laughed, had been horrible. It took ages for Clover to be found who had used her own druid abilities to ask the tree to release the horn, before both druids had apologized to the tree for the wound, Cally packing the wound with sap and sticking a leaf over it to help encourage the area to restrengthen and heal.

Ironically Coy was laughing just as hard as her friends had then. She continued to huff and pout as she stared him down, "You're making a scene of yourself." She accused, pouting even more. When the topic of her being a nurse-doe came up, it was not met well by Cally, even if the majority of it was teasing, the male still looked in horror, declaring that he would have to find another to rely on when being nursed back to health that starving was no way to go. She grinned, amused by his reaction, "You forgot the dehydration part. It's said you'll die of dehydration sooner than you will of starvation." She added sweetly, the best halo effect the little doe could give in full effect. "See, I'm definitely no nurse-doe. But I'm fun to explore with! Like this cave for instance! As long as we don't run into anything else with sharp hungry teeth!" She stated, returning to the walking, even as she sniggered to herself. He really was fun to work up. He did shoot her a mild glare when he commented on him having a name, and she glanced at him for a moment, almost surprised by his words. Deer regularly used buck or doe interchangeably with their names, and she wondered if it was considered less personal with horses. She shrugged it off, before hesitating and nodding slightly, "Fine . . . Huehuecoyotl." She'd still use his full name of course . . . because proper respect and all . . . nothing to do with it being fun to say, or she liked the way it sounded, nope. Just for the respect of it, totally. She did huff at him momentarily, "I can keep myself safe enough. I run REALLY fast away from da-" Her words died as she saw a gleam up ahead, and a familiar light entered her eyes for her desire to discover, "Oh, what's that!" And like a bullet, again, she was running down the passageway before coming across just a small rock reflecting light from a small hole in the ceiling. And here she was having hoped it would have been a crystal of some sort. Drats.

"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM