Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite
Cally was at a loss as to just how to handle this odd creature before her. He seemed so . . . . set on her, and it was odd. Something she wasn't familiar with. She was the plain jane, the wall flower of her friends. Simple and understated and usually 'one of the guys' rather than a blushing beauty. So anyone's firm attention and flirtation tended to go over her head, and as it was she just thought he was odd for focusing on her so fully. It was odd, weird, unfamiliar, she didn't understand what it was, or why. His smile was still there and she tilted her head when he commented that she looked like a little forest goddes, before shrugging when he suggested she fine something about her form that she did love. "I'm still too new in this form to be willing to really look at it and be able to find anything I like, let alone love. The only relief I see are the few familiar bits. The hair is the right shades and style. The horns . . . the small things I can focus on and remember that it is me." She couldn't explain, express just how different it all was, how much of herself had changed so much. She wasn't prepared for it all, she wasn't willing to express it all.

She frowned when he asked where the fun in stopping his embarrassing of her was, and huffed as she clearly pouted over his teasing, "Don't be meannnnn." She pouted, and in that moment the original Cally was visible - not the darker version of herself that had been formed after her arrival to Novus. Here was the creature she used to be, expressive, a touch playful, and unafraid to be herself, even if it meant sounding more childlike as she drew out the word mean to make a point. The moment was gone soon enough though, and that original sparkle was pulled back, shrouded by the darkness that seemed to cloud her soul and came on the wings of her anger and hatred.

Of course, she had to accuse the horn as being the one in her way, and her eyes narrowed at his obvious struggle to hold in his laugh as he spoke on horns doing what they will, no assistance from the head. She narrowed her eyes at his sarcasm, straightening her spine and standing as tall as her tiny frame would allow as her eyes seemed to glint a fiery emerald, "Now you wait one moment now! It might not have a mind of its own, but that doesn't mean I intentionally try to stab things ALOT with it. It just . . . er. . . . happens. I didn't grow up having a horn, and I happen to forget its there until it stabs through something and I get stuck . . . er, I mean . . . I don't get stuck, I just . . . . remain immobile for a moment while I . . . deal with the horn." Okay, maybe she should find a new topic. His grinning and snorting was not helping her case.

It was an odd situation for the female to have someone's attention so fully though, but it was kind of nice, to know he wasn't just nodding along and not really listening. Every reaction, every narrowing of his eyes, or stiffled snort of laughter. Every glint of amusement, and grin. It showed he really was fully listening to her, fully absorbed in their conversation . . . and that was pretty new for her as well. Unfamiliar. She grinned when he teased that new friends that still wouldn't believe she wasn't sassy. She shrugged innocently, "You don't know that. They could be very gullible and willing to believe that." She responded with a delicate shrug of her shoulders, before tilting his head when he spoke again, this time his tone losing the teasing, shifting to hopeful.

She was quiet for a moment as she glanced at him, familiar with the look from her own youth of being by herself, locked away by her mother. She glanced at him momentarily, "Yes . . . I do believe you'd make the cut." She mussed with a smile, "You can't ever really have enough friends right?" She asked with a soft laugh. There was still a lot about her that wasn't her original personality though, but she was still loyal to who she should be. Even when he spoke of having the heart of a druid but refusing to falsely take up the title with out the abilities to go with it. He nodded in understanding, before offering, no vowing to help her obtain what was gone. She blinked in surprise, before smiling softly - warmly - at him, and a brief touch of her muzzle to his neck as they walked along the hall was her only response.

When he spoke teasingly bout a stallion without antlers winning her heart, she tilted her head in confusion, not quite sure how to respond to the newest level of teasing, "Uhm, I'm not sure? I've not really ever thought of it?" She stated with a faint confusion and uncertainty by the new twist of conversation. It didn't last long before he spoke of his own failings and not showing them to imbeciles. She mused fintly when he had to quickly add that she wasn't one. When he touched her though, she seemed to freeze for a moment in surprise before glancing at him when he added that he found her sassy and adorable, but with a huge heart and wise beyond her size. She mused faintly, "Adorable? And sassy? Are you complimenting me or teasing me?" She asked with a laugh,

Of course was laughing by her next words, but she grinned when he finally let her win and agreed not to nap where potential crushing or impaling may happen. It was a small victory, but a victory. "I find exasperating to be an accurate description of you." She teased back, "Although, I don't know, perhaps terms like 'exhausting' or even 'argumentative' could work too." She added with a teasing grin, so he wouldn't perceive any bite from her words. However, when the topic of her horn being stuck in a tree came up, she was starting to think she should have kept quiet. HIs constant laughter was making it harder and harder to defend herself. His laughing had turned almost hysterical at this point, and it took some time and deep cleansing breaths for it to get back to normal. She was so distracted with huffing and her indignation she missed the title of 'Cally love', instead focusing on his comments of not being so indignant and defensive over it if she wanted to pretend it was here. She narrowed her eyes, and huffed even louder at him, "It was an accident! I didn't think I was going to actually jump that high when I leapt off a small ledge. The tree was lower than I thought it was!" She pouted, both sets of ears shifting into an embarrassed down-angled position.

The idea of her being a nurse-doe was ridiculous though, definitely not the type to be taking care of others when she could be exploring, and the male had finally agreed to stick with exploring and chasing the sharp teethed predators away, even as she stated that she could keep herself safe. The conversation halted midway at her distraction, however as she took off. She barely registered his comment about her using his full name, as he caught up with her, commenting on her being fast. She grinned from where she was looking at the crystals, answering him in reverse, "Sorry, I tend to get distracted easily when I see a new thing to explore and see. And you're name is different . . . and fun . . . I like it. Although, with some of the names, my friends have had . . . yours isn't too difficult. Terpsichore's name was a chore to learn to pronounce too." She admitted with a laugh.
"Speech"

@Huehuecoyotl

Let's jump on the sun and ride it to tomorrow together, where everything is brighter and sure to be better.

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 04:18 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-18-2019, 05:52 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-18-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-19-2019, 03:55 PM