Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What Fun Can We Find?

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

"I'm still too new in this form to be willing to really look at it and be able to find anything I like, let alone love. The only relief I see are the few familiar bits. The hair is the right shades and style. The horns . . . the small things I can focus on and remember that it is me." Coy flicked an ear as he listened to her, a soft frown slipping over his lips for a moment before disappearing. "Perhaps being new isnt a bad thing. It gives you a chance to see if there is other aspects of yourself that you like and find beauty in the new melding with the old to create something completely unique and alluring. Give yourself a chance to find happiness with who you are and what you can do in this form before you decide that you hate it." Coy had a feeling that she had a lot more that she wasnt saying than what she was actually letting slip through her lips. Watching her carefully with cyan eyes, he allowed himself the chance to look over her with a more appreciating eye. "Your legs are slender and capable of getting you anywhere that you desire. Your pelt is beautifully marked and rich with color. Your eyes are wise and warm... most of the time." He said the last complement with a wink.

"Don't be meannnnn." Coy grinned at the lighter tone and demeanor that seemed to blossom for a moment as she whined. "But is play always considered mean?" He teased as the brightness seemed to fade away. He didnt like that. Coy wanted to see Cally happy with where she was and who she was. As he spoke, he decided that he would do whatever it took to make sure that she had some light in her life rather than just the fade of despair that seemed to be swallowing her.

"Now you wait one moment now! It might not have a mind of its own, but that doesn't mean I intentionally try to stab things ALOT with it. It just . . . er. . . . happens. I didn't grow up having a horn, and I happen to forget its there until it stabs through something and I get stuck . . . er, I mean . . . I don't get stuck, I just . . . . remain immobile for a moment while I . . . deal with the horn." Coy listened to how she was attempting to clear up the horn comment with snorts of laughter. He could easily see her running into things and having issues and it was making it impossible to not laugh. "Oh no... not a lot... just enough that you have enough experience with the issue to know how to extricate yourself from whatever you have impaled." He nearly died of laughter as he forced that little bit of speech through his maw. Taking a moment, he leaned against the cave wall and tried to compose himself with little luck.

"You don't know that. They could be very gullible and willing to believe that." Coy snorted, finally calming down from the fit of hysterics about her horn. "Cally love... if you find someone willing to believe it, you better keep them with you at all times. I guess I could... play... gullible if that meant staying with you all the time." He winked as he spoke and brushed his muzzle toward her neck. Yep, he was flirting again.

"Yes . . . I do believe you'd make the cut. You can't ever really have enough friends right?" A small part inside Coy's heart battled with a mix of emotions. He was thrilled that she could consider him her friend... but another worried that perhaps she would never care to see him again. How many times had that happened? Coy shoved the memories out of his head and focused. "As long as that friend is true, then friends are always worth having. And I promise that I will always be the best that I can be for you." Coy had a moment of surprise as he listened to his words. That was not how he usually spoke... What in the world caused him to speak like that? It was true, yes... but just less... sassy and snarky and teasing... than usual. The soft touch of her muzzle was like a bolt of electricity and he beamed down at her with soft eyes.

"Uhm, I'm not sure? I've not really ever thought of it?" Coy grinned as she debated the idea of an antler-less stallion trying to woo her. "I suppose I could try and see how things go..." He teased, his voice drawling and filled with blatant seduction. No, he wasnt actually trying to seduce her at this point... not that he would argue with the outcome should it work.

"Adorable? And sassy? Are you complimenting me or teasing me?" Coy watched the momentary freeze with curious eyes. Did he overstep? Was she irritated with his movement? Of course... it wouldnt be the first time that he had screwed up just this day alone. Focusing on her words, he smiled and let a soft chuckle escape. "Perhaps it is both... I have to keep you on your toes somehow... I cant be nice or sassy ALL the time." He teased, eyes twinkling as he watched her.

"I find exasperating to be an accurate description of you. Although, I don't know, perhaps terms like 'exhausting' or even 'argumentative' could work too." Coy laughed, unable to stop the hearty sound that escaped. "Exhausting I have heard... Argumentative once in a while. Could be so much worse though. My own sister calls me an obnoxious pain in the rear... and my grandfather... well, nothing at all nice to hear." He refused to let his grandsire have hold on him. Refused to hear the insults that had been heaped upon him at times. Would not tell her that he had been told that he was a mistake and a waste of air... Coy's eyes closed for a moment as he fought with his inner demons and worked to get them silenced again.

"It was an accident! I didn't think I was going to actually jump that high when I leapt off a small ledge. The tree was lower than I thought it was!" Coy prepared to tease her again, but noted the downward angle of her ears and felt his heart tear a touch. "It is an easy enough mistake. I am just glad you were removed from the branch... I may have never gotten such scintillating and fun conversation otherwise!" He wanted to comfort her and erase the negative emotions that were making her look so sad.

"Sorry, I tend to get distracted easily when I see a new thing to explore and see. And you're name is different . . . and fun . . . I like it. Although, with some of the names, my friends have had . . . yours isn't too difficult. Terpsichore's name was a chore to learn to pronounce too." Coy huffed as he caught his breath and eyed the tiny creature. "I am not even going to try that name... I think that one is worse than my own!" He laughed, ignoring the words relating to her being distracted easily, though they did get filed away for later knowledge.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
Notes: sorry about delay love <3

The absolute BEST revenge...
is to stay fabulous.

Coding: Dyzzie - Image: Chaosy

Messages In This Thread
What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-16-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 01:01 AM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 01:15 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Callynite - 06-17-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: What Fun Can We Find? - by Huehuecoyotl - 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM