Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - of the clouds --

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Anemone

like the holding of hands
like the breaking of glass

S
he walked the long columns of dusty scrolls before she found one of them: the small fox creatures that inhabited the library’s dark halls.

“Uhm.. uhm.. Excuse me?” It turned its beady eyes on her, and she continued (though this time more unnerved): “C-Could you help me find a book on Solterran history and culture?” It took off before she had a chance to finish her sentence, navigating the rows of tomes before drawing out one in the many shelves of dust. It dropped it carefully on the floor in front of her before it trotted off and she was left to grasp the scroll with delicate telekinesis.

She buried her nose in the wrinkled pages while she walked:

“Imagine sand.

Imagine endless sand - imagine a land so brilliant gold that it is all you see from horizon to horizon. Imagine the sun --”

She didn't even finish the sentence before she ran headfirst into a warm body while rounding the corner. The scroll was effectively knocked from her grip, and she turned to fetch it before she looked up at her innocent victim, an apology quick on her lips.

"Ohmygosh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going I- Dad?"

@Somnus | "speaks" | notes: i'd say i'm going for quality over quantity but lets be honest here its not that quality
rallidae | art

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus
in all the world there is no love for you like mine
The last thing that Somnus expected was to be accosted in the gnarled, twisting grand halls of the library by his very own daughter. He felt the weight of a smaller, leaner body collide into his side without too much force and turned his head, surprise written clearly upon his handsome face the moment he recognized the pale cream of Anemone’s body and the brilliant blue feathers of her wings.

Situated on her perch above within the twisting limbs of the library’s canopy ceiling, Alba popped her beak at both stallion and filly as though she had watched it happened and had done nothing to prevent it. Quite honestly, Somnus wouldn’t put it past her, as the barn owl had developed quite the mischievous streak.

“Anemone?” Turning about to face her, the dunalino’s wings ruffled in concern as he took a step closer and reached out his muzzle towards her as she retrieved the dropped scroll and turned to quickly face him, the stuttered apology already leaving her lips as she did so. “Apologies, dearest. Are you alright?”

My, but how big she had gotten over the last few seasons. While twins, Anemone already stood taller than Regis, but Somnus knew it was due to his son’s weak, sickly state when he had been but a small foal. Now they were two years old and practically adults, independent and forming their very own lives that didn’t radiate around their mother and father, and Somnus couldn’t be any more proud of them both. Sweet, gentle, charismatic Regis, who had aspirations to serve Delumine as Emissary one day. Fierce, noble, loyal Anemone, wise and eager to know as much as she could, who had once shown interest in growing her very own garden in her younger years.

The dunalino’s look of surprise shifted into one of warm concern as well as intrigue. His crinkled, verdant eyes glanced to the scroll in her group and he tilted his head, an ear flicked forward in her direction as he nodded his muzzle towards it. “What are you reading there, dearest?” At first glance the scroll looked the same as many, many others, but it was the contents that truly mattered.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Anemone <3 - I wasn’t too sure how to have him react so I left it somewhat vague. xD If I need to change anything I definitely can, just let me know!

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!