Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - Sky Full of Stars

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 123 — Threads: 14
Signos: 520
Inactive Character

I am not like any ordinary world

The stars are like clouds in the sky, so great are they in number. The child lies beneath them and as he lies and looks up, it is easy to feel like he is falling through them. Here in this absolute dark, where the night sky seems to dance about itself in a circle - where the dust of stars is the cloth of Caligo’s flowing skirts - the world seems so utterly vast.

He draws in a breath so full of dreams and mysteries. Slowly the foal turns his head to listen as the stranger speaks. "My mummy told me that that they are suns. She said their glow is like the gold my sister and I have…” Leonidas does not turn the sunbright of his gaze - gilded and lit by fire - from the twinkling stars. "...but I cannot imagine them as yellow because they are white and so very small.”

Do you think we will ever reach them?

The boy blinks. He does not speak, not for long moments. The silence settles herself amidst the stallion and the child. It is comfortable and Leonidas lets himself drift in its company. "I want to. My mummy did but that was because she could travel through time and space and go to different worlds.” That was how she left me, he doesn’t say. Already his grief is growing manageable. Already the boy and his twin sister have learnt how to live as orphans.

@Atlaas

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
Sky Full of Stars - by Atlaas - 10-26-2019, 06:04 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Leonidas - 10-30-2019, 05:25 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Atlaas - 10-31-2019, 02:00 PM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Leonidas - 11-05-2019, 05:27 AM
RE: Sky Full of Stars - by Atlaas - 11-06-2019, 04:58 PM