Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Abandon SHIP

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I make my way down south through Delumine. First over the canyons, which were just as difficult to cross this second time as they were the first. Then over the Arma Mountains, cold in their frosty altitude despite the spring weather elsewhere. So now I descend the slopes toward the giant lake in the middle of Delumine, where I once enjoyed the dawn with Camdis. I wonder when I'll see the bloke again, because I enjoyed his company so much. It only takes me another half hour or so before I reach the northern edge of the lake. I stop to stare out at the setting sun, already nearing the horizon. It'll be very different here than in Solterra. Not a difference I'm sure I'll mind at all.. the sun was too hot, the soon-to-be leader (from what I guessed based off initial conversation) too bossy and devoid of people skills for my taste. I don't have the greatest people skills either, but at least they usually seem to enjoy my presence.

And so I've come to the land of the Night Court, seeking a strange and different life. Mostly I'm searching for Reichenbach, the friend I'd made when searching for the relic in Delumine. He seemed to have a similar spirit as I, and I can't help but be drawn to him. Just like Camdis, I found myself wanting to spend more time with the other stallion. I could only hope he felt the same way as I invaded his home. I began to travel west along the shore, silver eyes searching for any sign of familiar faces.

I let out a gruff, but happy nicker.. searching. No words, only a call. I hope I don't stink like the desert TOO much. That wouldn't do, to reek of a foreign land and cast suspicion upon myself. And perhaps even get myself kicked out before I can say hello!

WC: 319
Tag: @Reichenbach

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Reichenbach

LIKE ICARUS LOVED THE SUN 

He'd been at the lake all day, his mind settled and clear in the conversation - the question - that he would be asking later that evening. Still, after his run in with Aion at the lakeside he was irritable and more than a little miffed at the intrusion of a Dawn Court member so soon after his coronation. It wasn't that other courts weren't welcome it was simply... well, there was a certain level of diplomacy that needed to be maintained between borders. If Aion had held ill intentions, things might have ended very differently - perhaps with one of his dear Denoctians paying the cost of his lax border security. 

It was times like these that Reichenbach wished for someone with a slightly more knowledge, perhaps with a little more brutish outlook to take care of this side of things. Reich was a fighter - a brawler more so than a skilled swordsman, and he could (often easily) best any opponent on the battlefield. Yet... it was not a single warrior that won a war - it was the careful strategy, the organisation and the intelligence of commanders that truly bested enemies of the Court. A thought began to take form, slowly coming together like smoke in his brain -

Day Court. Reichenbach lifted his rough hewn head at the scent, argent eyes keen as he picked out the silhouette at the lake's edge. His expressive brow began to crease into a frown before pausing, clearing and turning it something much brighter: a joyful grin. The Sovereign bounced into an easy trot, his fat ebony curls tumbling about his defined cheekbones as he raised his head and called;

"Rosti!"

His musical voice travelled before him, threading across the lake languidly. Reichenbach waited until he was a few strides away and said;

"What a pleasure! I didn't realise you were coming, or else I would have met you at the mountains - as it is, Rost, welcome to Denocte."

He grinned, warmth leaking from his depthless gaze as he took in the muscular warrior - Day are lucky to have someone with such experience, such strength, he thought, sliding his eyes back to Rostislav's rugged face. Indeed, Rostislav, despite his many flaws, would prove to be an excellent addition to any battlefield - Reich only hoped he would be on the right side if it ever came to it.

TOO CLOSE
TOO FIERCELY  
@Rostislav

Rostislav

I hear him before I see him. The stallion's call of my name causes me to lift my skull higher, eyes brightening. I hesitate for a moment in my step, nostrils flared and ears perked in attention. Not just my name, but called by one I've grown rather fond of, despite the few times we've met. It's one of those friendships that just happen with no particular words to explain the phenomenon. And that's ok.

I move again, my head swaying slightly, exaggerated by my increased forward movement. Then I break into a trot, striped hooves carrying me faster toward the bay stallion, the one that wears coins for decoration. As we get closer to each other, both of us pull up to a halt. Pure pleasure at being here, seeing him, is written all over my face and body. His greeting is exuberant, promising he would have met me sooner if he'd known. I chuckle, enjoying the moment. "Aye, but then it wouldn't have been a surprise, would it?" Not that I'd originally intended it that way. "When I saw you last you asked if I'd come live here. Well... I sure as hell hope you meant it because I'm here to stay!" I chuckle, a look of mischief crossing onto my scarred face.

When I'd seen him he'd proposed that I come to live in Denocte. I'd been unsure at the time. But some events had transpired, and I realized that I would be happier living in the south than the sandy, parched land of the north. It simply hadn't been the right fit, though I'd initially been sure that it was. Well, things change. I can only hope now that there will be a place for me here, and that I will not be shunned for having come from Solterra. (Though of course I don't worry about this reaction from Reichenbach.) Although fitting in isn't something that generally bothers me, not belonging can make daily life just a bit harder, and that can add up....

WC: 338

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Reichenbach

Warmth leaked from him like smoke, embracing the two of them within a cocoon of friendship and laughter. Rostislav was so easy to get along with, a man of simple pleasures and lazy smiles - one day soon, he mused, the two of them would have to laze by the lake with some of Rost's famous drink. The thought - a premonition, more likely - brought that graceless grin to his lips even before the muscular stallion spoke;

As the words filtered through his ears, a slow, mirthful smile crept into Reichenbach's silver eyes. Rosti, living here? It was enough to burst out with laughter, such happiness and mirth had filled his vibrant veins - Calligo be blessed, he was having some good luck these days. 

"I would gladly welcome you into Denocte and The Night Court - on one condition"

The Night King paused, letting the silence stretch between them until only the gentle lapping of the lake could be heard. Finally he continued, amusement lightening him as if he were made not of hefty muscle and bone but featherlight smoke and ash -

"I want you to be my - our - Warden."

Another pause, seriousness creeping her stoic fingers along his neck. His voice lowered ever so slightly as he said:

"It would be a big responsibility, I know, Rost. But I can think of nobody better to watch over my - our - people. Obviously I'll assist you where you need it, but I think the soldiers will like having a military man in control again - it's been too long since they've had proper training."

Gods, he shouldn't be spilling Night Court secrets to a Solterran but - well, Rostislav was no longer a man of hot, burning sand. He was a Denoctian - made of stars and smoke, wild and most importantly, free.

TOO CLOSE
TOO FIERCELY  
@Rostislav 
BABE I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT BUT WELCOME TO THE COURT ROSTI YA SEXY THANG

Rostislav

He beams at me, the warmth on his face and joy in his eye as plain as Solis's day. I feel the tension that had been building in my muscles and nerves lessen, then fade. Of course I'd be welcome. And clearly I'd been a fool to think otherwise. But conditions for my residency? Some of the residual anxiety sweeps through me again. Hopefully not something like.. serve as a slave forever, or offer up my firstborn son? (Not that I've had any sons, they've both been daughters.)

To my relief (and once again my nerves settle and I relax), he only asks that I serve in a position. "Warden." I've never heard of this before, the word yes but the position no. But from his description it sounds much like when I was a Legatus in the Hidden Falls under Midas. An honorable position where I might defend my family, my home, my herd. There's glory in battle, victory... especially in fighting for a just cause. Usurper of glory. That's what my name means after all. Being the warden for Reichenbach, and for Denocte as a whole, sounds desirable for all of us.

I nod my assent as he reassures me that he will be there by my side. I don't need anyone to hold my hand of course; I'm a self-made man. But it's better if I'm not left in charge of the biggest decisions. Ironically, despite coming from a land of politicking I have little ability in it. "Aye, Comrade. I will serve." I move with my muzzle to shove at his next in jest. "They'll never stop us!" And now my jovial expression matches his, and my leonine tail twitches with all the excitement and a draft horse can passively express.

WC: 295

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Reichenbach

Tension leaked into him as he awaited Rostislav's reply, concerned now that he had perhaps jumped the gun when it came to asking the gruff stallion to serve in the court immediately - perhaps Rosti desired a well earned rest. Solterra was, after all, a very military inspired system. But it was not dissent that left Rosti's black lips, much to Reichenbach's joy. He returned the rough shove with his own soft muzzle, pushing mahogany skin against dusty gold as he leaned companionably on his new Warden.

"I must say Solterra's loss appears to be my gain"

He flashed a cheeky grin, eyes bright with mirth. Maxence was a strict man - and no doubt had won many wars by being so, but sometimes rules and regulations constricted the life out of others, rather than liberating their concerns. Rostislav was not a man that could have been ordered to perform - he simply did perform, regardless of being told to do so. He was also a loyal man, and loyalty was hard-won sometimes, especially when there was no history to base it off of. No, Rostislav would have found life in Solterra a little restrictive - he needed the wildness and freedom of Denocte. 

"Come - I'd like you to meet the soldiers, and perhaps some of the other members of Court. Camdis, I believe you know?"

Reichenbach began to walk back toward the keep, occasionally mentioning important names or traditions that Rostislav would now need to learn. 

TOO CLOSE
TOO FIERCELY  
@Rostislav
What a quick reply from me?? So strange haha
Anywho I was thinking we could leave this here and continue at the keep?

Rostislav

The bay is clearly as pleased and cheerful as I, and I can only imagine the trouble we will get into. Only trouble mandated by the government, of course! HA - he IS the government. I snort with laughter at my own little joke, not bothering to share it. The companionable easiness of the moment could last forever. I wish it would, or at least that the feeling would continue forever. Solterra's loss? Indeed. I had barely stayed there before deciding it was not for me after all. I could have managed, sure. But it wasn't meant to be, and I found I had too many friends that lived here in the southern parts. It was probably better for all that I'd chosen to leave. Except Victorina... but I will return to visit her, and I'm sure she will visit me. Though young, she is already blossoming into a young lady, certainly capable of taking care of herself. (Though I will be there whenever she needs me.)

He beckons me forth, wanting to introduce me to the rest of the Court on a more intimate level than my previous visit had given me. I begin to follow him, agreeing with assessment of the next step. But the name that he drops stops me in my tracks. "Camdis?! I love Camdis!!" My words are more like hysterical fangirling, in as MANLY AND RUSSIAN A WAY AS POSSIBLE. But my voice MIGHT have broken there for half a second. I follow him, a new bounce in my step as I remember the peaceful snoozing by the lake -- THIS lake -- that I had shared with Camdis from what seems like ages ago. Oh yes, this is going to be GREAT!

WC: 286
El fin!

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Staff note: LAUREN and SPACED redeemed signos for completing the thread.

the novus crew

the someday crew