Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Florentine
One-word description of Magic: Time-Travel
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES 
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? How does Time Travel fit in with the Court ideals? In truth, it does not and yet all at once, in every way, it does.

Dusk is the court of love. It has love for its brethren and love of the world. It is this that Florentine has in abundance. She is the girl who loves too much and maybe Vespera recognizes that. Florentine loves the changing world, the passing of time. She has never managed to truly ‘fit’ anywhere and she does not linger in any place long. Dusk is the shortest time of day: blink and it is gone, but watch it and it seems to last forever. It is like time in this way: watch it and it drags itself out, look away and time flits by unseen, unfelt. Florentine’s love of Dusk is strong, maybe Vespera knows that the gift of time travel would see Florentine returning again and again to one sunset, just to feel the gloaming seconds pass her by, again and again and again.

Florentine has a love of all the courts, not just Dusk. Her obsession lies in the space between night and dusk – can anyone say where that space truly is? Flora cannot stand to be in one place, she longs to drift between the spaces between places: the spaces between night and day. Maybe Vespera recognizes this, she sees the yearning to never be one or the other. The girl needs to always be moving and transitioning. Dusk comes at different times: every place in the world meets it at a different time for it is fluid, forever changing and moving. Florentine longs to chase Dusk, to meet it at its different times and its different places.

This girl has forever been a lover of time and space and lastly, maybe Vespera recognizes this. Flora longs to run away, and find adventure, and so the Dusk goddess has given her time travel. With it, Vespera knows Florentine will always be able to chase time and space (and dusk, of course), but then, always return to Terrastella: the home of Dusk, the home of the in-between and intangible.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Obsidian

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Florentine - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and 1 Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item was sent over! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her base-level magic. c:

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic - by Boudika - 04-20-2020, 01:23 PM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic - by Kassandra - 04-18-2021, 05:54 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Florentine - 12-14-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Bexley - 06-13-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Atreus - 06-18-2018, 10:20 AM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Eik - 06-19-2018, 03:23 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Raum - 07-10-2018, 03:46 AM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Azrael - 04-14-2020, 08:12 AM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Raymond - 08-05-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Somnus - 08-11-2018, 02:21 AM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Apolonia - 10-09-2018, 03:41 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - by Blyse - 10-23-2018, 09:05 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Avdotya - 10-28-2018, 11:18 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Basileios - 10-29-2018, 08:42 PM
RE: Restricted Items Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Euryale - 12-04-2018, 07:14 AM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Caine - 12-23-2018, 11:57 PM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Erasmus - 12-27-2018, 12:24 PM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Mephisto - 01-18-2019, 06:14 AM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Valefor - 05-21-2019, 09:56 PM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Jetsam - 05-28-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Sigrun - 07-14-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: Restricted Item Redemption - Magics, Mutations - by Aghavni - 10-02-2019, 07:17 PM