Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 189 — Threads: 28
Signos: 110
Night Court Battlemage
Male [Him/his/he]  |  Immortal [Year 500 Summer]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 37 — Atk: 43 — Exp: 74  |    Active Magic: Shadow-Forging  |    Bonded: Thia (Shadow-creature)

T  E  N  E  B  R  A  E

On my body, the grace of shadows
and in my heart: all Hells

The firefly wish lifts from her cheek, its wings beating the air as it hovers just before him. The mare’s words are upon the air, they buoy the firefly’s wings. Tenebrae watches the small creature, its tiny firelight and the way its glow beats back the darkness. “I am not sure… I have never made a wish before.” The monk confesses lightly, considering the firefly before him. “I have always laid my hopes before Caligo, in prayer.” Slowly he moves his gaze from the insect to where the woman steps a little closer. He smiles, “But i hope your dream comes true for you.”

His darkness ripples as she bumps it with her nose. It disperses and reforms, like smoke from a bonfire. She calls his magic curious and he chuckles lightly, “Is it?” Tenebrae thinks that all magic might be curious. He has never seen any that is similar, each one is different, unique, dangerous and beautiful in its own way. 

Her next words intrigue him and slowly Tenebrae turns his attention to her, “Maybe.” He says pensively, “but to lay all of our expectations on god and to not work for anything ourselves is to become lazy. A relationship is a two way road. Those who take and take and expect only to ever receive, only ever destroy their relationships… Maybe wishes are the same as prayer and having a relationship with a god… You can ask, of course, but you have to work to achieve your desire too. You have to give something back.”

She gives him her name. “It is nice to meet you Mephisto. My name is Tenebrae and my darkness -”  He watches the way it dances across her skin, “- was bestowed upon me by Caligo. I am a Disciple in her Night Order. We all control shadows in this manner.”

Slowly his gaze trails over her midnight skin and the soft blue of her feathers. “I do not think you are originally from here. The smell of your skin.. You have foreign scents upon you. Where are you from originally?

@Mephisto <3 

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Messages In This Thread
i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] [fall] - by Mephisto - 06-01-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now - by Mephisto - 06-06-2020, 03:41 AM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Tenebrae - 07-20-2020, 12:57 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 08-26-2020, 12:55 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 08-31-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: i could really use a wish right now [tenebrae] - by Mephisto - 09-20-2020, 01:59 PM