Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - the universe is going to catch you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

i'm a pretty flower girl
check out my pretty flower curls

Florentine was already thinking that this was maybe not her finest decision. Sparring with her brother, Asterion, was one thing. Sparring with Seraphina was entirely another. The Bellum Steppe has only ever seen Flora once - when she was just defeated, marching away with an impressive black eye. Asterion had been apologetic and his sister had taken it in good spirits. But Florentine had not returned since. Not until now. Her track record in fights is, well, awful. She died upon the battlefield as a child and then there was her battle with Asterion. The fae-girl does not hold out much hope for this time either. 

Seraphina is already here, her body as sharp and silver as a blade. Her presence commands the Steppe. She looks fierce and focussed. One would not think she had been found here, bloodied and broken, barely clinging to the thread of her mortality. Florentine smiles, a small thing to start. It is lovely as it tips her lips up at their corners. That smile is something gentle, something warm. “You will go gentle on me, won’t you, Seraphina?” The words tumble out, saturated with a small laugh that sings, bell-like. 

Are you ready? Seraphina asks, and Florentine is unclear whether her question was heard. “Nope.” the once-queen answers, her amethyst eyes wide, wide, wide. “I mean, is it too late to forfeit?” Seraphina is suddenly in motion, launching across the distance between them. The ground does not know the silvered woman. She floats, her feet never touching the dust bowl turf.  Unprepared, unskilled, Florentine backs up, her slender neck arching, her slim sides fluttering with her nervous breaths. “Oh, you look a bit serious, Sera. I- I thought we were going to take this a bit easier.” Now her laughter is a nervous trickle, small and shallow. Seraphina is nearly upon her and Florentine had only moments to decide how to react. “Just not the eyes. Black eyes do not suit me!” And Seraphina is there. She feints one way, her sheathed sword reaching the other. It is near impossible to avoid when Florentine has frozen with nervous surprise for too long. Her only options are a parry and an attack. 

One of Flora’s wings strikes out in a sharp parry that blocks the sword from making impact with her shoulder. As her wing extends, trying to push the blade back, Florentine turns her neck sharply, her muzzle reaching to catch Seraphina at her throat.  Her lips part, pearl white teeth parting to catch the soft tissues over the front of Sera’s throat. The Terrastellan does not bite, for the same reasons Sera’s blade is still sheathed. At worst she aims a graze along Sera’s throat where the woman’s armour does not reach.

Flora skips back, nimble, swift and birdlike. Still she watches Seraphina with eyes wide. “I thought you said you would go easy on me?” The joint of her wing is a little tender from impact with Seraphina’s sheathed sword. “I am not ready to feel the pain of this fight tomorrow.”

florentine
rocking your pretty flower world

Summary: Florentine arrives. Is slightly panicked by Seraphina's look of stoic determination. Flora isn't sure her idea and Sera's idea of a friendly spar are entirely the same thing. She worries about getting a black eye again and tries to ensure eyes are left out of the mix (not that Flora has an evening date lined up this time around - thank goodness). Seraphina launches her attack and Florentine realises she cannot so easily evade, especially since she has spent more time panicking than deciding how to evade. She reaches up with her wing to parry Seraphina's strike with Alshamtueur (sheathed). At the same time she leans to try and bite towards Seraphina's throat. Her aim is not to cause injury - at most a graze. Flroentine does not wish to end up in a hospital again and neither does she wish for Sera to end up there either.

Flora back up, ready and nervous for Sera's next attack.

Attack Used:
Attack(s) Left:
Block Used: 1
Block(s) Left:
Item(s) Used: 0

Response Deadline: 28/08
Tags: @Seraphina, @Sid, @inkbone, @nestle, @layla

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Messages In This Thread
the universe is going to catch you - by Seraphina - 08-17-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: the universe is going to catch you - by Florentine - 08-25-2020, 01:02 PM