Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - battlesong—

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

It was stupid and arrogant, leaving myself in front of her, vulnerable to her next attack. My hooves strike - air. The fae is quick, quicker than I and smarter, too. She lifts herself up in the air and her appearance in the night sky is just... awe-inspiring. Her silver mane out in the night air, caught in the wind; the moon illuminating her silouette. She looks almost like Caligula herself. A hint of fear slithers into my mind and body, just enough that I try to scoot forward. Beautiful, dangerous Caligula is after me and though I am of her land now.. there's no telling what a Goddess might wreak upon a mere mortal! Damaris feels my unease, my growing panic, and howls up at the night sky. (Not that such a gesture does anything to aid me.)

Altho By I try to evade the dark one's descent, my arrogant hesitation is my downfall, and I'm only to take a few steps away from her. Her body comes crashing down like an avalanche, her shoulder aimed at my rear. Edged to the side in my efforts to evade her, I feel her weight make contact on my top left flank, digging into the muscle there. No broken bones, nor even broken skin. I should count my lucky stars for being so fortunate. Instead, my hindquarters crumble from the force and I can only hope I don't pull anything in the process. My front hooves claw at the ground in front of me, pulling me forward as I groan and struggle to get all four underneath me again. It's an effort, but I scramble away with a pained moan. My rear end aches, and I expect that a deep tissue bruise will develop there, leaving me limping for a few days at the least. But with this last strike, I feel that it would be better to leave our sparring at that.

Damaris hurried to my side, resisting the temptation to lick me in a gesture of comfort. After all, I would only be burned by the acid she produces. Instead she rubs against me, tail wagging slowly as we both turn to look at the female we had initially surprised with attack. I bow my head and murmur just one word. "Rostislav." I wait only for her to return with her name - should she choose to give it, before turning and disappearing into the night.

WC: 405
Tag: @Aislinn @inkbone @kay @Sid

Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: Rosti starts to move but takes the hit to the left side of his flank and is knocked off balance, his hind end slipping to the ground. He scrambles up and moves away as quickly as he can, though he's wobbly and aching. (And will probably limp for a couple of days)

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: n/a

Response Deadline: August 12

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-02-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-02-2017, 11:15 PM