Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - battlesong—

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
sid

I completely forgot this one needed to be done I am so sorry!!!

AISLINN vs ROSTISLAV

@Aislinn:
Total: 83/100

• Attacks 52/65

• Creativity 20/25 -- You’re very descriptive in described the landscape and surroundings, it makes it easy to get lost in your posts and understand what was going on! I would have liked to see a bit more internal dialogue—why did she choose to visit the Steppe in the first place? How she feels about his approach/the fight, etc—this did get better in the third and fourth post! I thought the attacks themselves were relatively simple, a charge and a nosedive, but the way you wrote them carrying into the next posts and the after math of the dive really worked well.

• Realism 18/25 -- I love that she uses her wings to her advantage, particularly because she’s against not only Rosti but also his companion. I think the dive however would have made more sense if he was also airborne or if she planned to just scrape him rather than using her whole weight, where she could easily hurt herself, however the roll and the damage she did take helped a lot with the realism factor. However, with her lower health I would have appreciated her taking a bit more damage!

• Metrics 14/15 -- Some of your descriptions felt a bit long and conjugated and I had to reread a few sentences to understand how it tied together, but overall few grammar mistakes and really easy to follow along! Overall I really liked how your posts carried from one to the other like a story

• Blocks 31/35

• Creativity 12/15 -- Nothing too flashy, but again like that she’s using her wings as resourcefully as possible, rather than just forgetting about them lol

• Realism 15/15 -- I like that it makes sense for her to be able to dodge so quickly, being a bit more nimble of a breed.  

• Metrics 4/5 -- Short, but easy enough to tell what was going on.

@Rostislav:
Total: 70/100

• Attacks 53/65

• Creativity 20/25 -- I like that he strives for a surprise attack in the first post, but at the same time it doesn’t make sense for him to announce himself with a warcry if he’s trying to  be sneaky! His barrel kick is nothing flashy, but he realizes his mistake and that gained some points from me. I would have liked to see Damaris involved a bit more to see their teamwork, but overall Rosti got the job done!

• Realism 23/25 -- In the first post, I appreciate that he goes directly for the wings, sense it does create quite a bit of a difference between the two! I also like that his damage taken seems to reflect his Health stat pretty well, and that he’s pretty aware of vital points like arteries and organs to protect.

• Metrics 10/15 -- A few strange grammatical errors or line breaks, specifically in the third post, but nothing major enough that I don’t know what you’re saying!  I don’t see many 1st person posts so this was interesting in itself to take in.

• Blocks 17/35

• Creativity 7/15 -- No official blocks to judge, but taking the brunt of her attacks instead was different to read.

• Realism 8/15 -- No official blocks to judge. I do however appreciate that you counted him as being too slow to properly dodge, since he is a bulkier horse than Aislinn (especially with all that armor), but I struggled to find enough to really judge here, so I gave basically half points.

• Metrics 2/5 -- No official blocks to judge.

Messages In This Thread
battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-02-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-02-2017, 11:15 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-04-2017, 09:05 AM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-05-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-07-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: battlesong— - by Rostislav - 08-09-2017, 05:14 PM
RE: battlesong— - by Aislinn - 08-10-2017, 08:01 PM
RE: battlesong— - by inkbone - 08-13-2017, 03:35 AM
RE: battlesong— - by inkbone - 08-28-2017, 05:35 AM
RE: battlesong— - by sid - 09-04-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: battlesong— - by sid - 09-04-2017, 04:49 PM