Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

Her words mean nothing, nothing until she sees. A glimpse of him as they near the fire. A single tear. It drips down the unicorn's cheek until it turns to blood. Flora begins to erupt from the fire, no doubt at the command of this violent mage. Guilt, guilt gnaws at her. It chokes her. She has become him at this moment. Hate for this unicorn has turned into hate for herself. Her tongue feels heavy with the weight of regret. She understands too late, too late to take back all she has already done. Hypocrite the sea snarls at her. The disappointment of the sea she can feel in her bones. The flora begins to creep towards her, pushing her, pushing her away. These are the tides of the unicorn who weeps for the trees the same way she weeps for the sea. Empty, she is empty. Meira can feel her anger beginning to dissipate, even as the mare's tailblade presses into her skin. She hears the words telling her that she is mortal. It reminds her of the sisters in the history of the Roannes. They too were mortal. Away from the woman, she is pushed by the red berries that stain the sands beneath their feet red.

Meira's teeth pull away and she stares, stares at the woman. The hollow, emptiness fills the space around her heart. It aches; aches like the dying trees in the fire. The mage speaks the truth, and it stains and taints her view on what she has done. "There have been plenty of seas made of blood. But it will not love you, it will rot." She promises, her voice is so soft. Her voice carries guilt, so much guilt. Meira does not pull away from the blade pressed against the vulnerable flesh of her throat. It almost seems a silent invitation to the woman. The Roanne cannot rightfully protect Delumine when she is the one causing the problems. The snarl from the woman is her own fault, she shrinks. Shrinks like the dying flames that crackle and sputter around the flora that abides this mare's bidding. "I have burned far longer than you have breathed." She answers the woman. Softly, softly so as not to spill the truth to the woman who threatens her life. "It's funny, how often I have come to face death. Not even it scares me anymore. It is even funnier to me that you never thought I could have shared your thoughts on the trees. You are not the only one who loves them, but you are perhaps the only one I know who can speak their language."  

Meira steps back then, away. Away from the blade pointed at her nape. "Your life is worth more than consequences you'll face if you kill me. My apology for my actions will fall on deaf ears. I never meant to turn into the very thing I hated. We could extinguish more than lives if we worked together instead of against one another." The foreign words feel so wrong as they come from her mouth. She is sorry, so sorry but she knows it will not matter. It is the same as him, she cannot take it back.

Nestle, writing with you always gives me so much muse <3
@Danaë

Messages In This Thread
(fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 10-10-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 10-28-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 11-04-2020, 10:54 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 11-06-2020, 05:48 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 07:14 PM
RE: (fire) and silver bones wait in all animals, - by Danaë - 11-09-2020, 05:24 PM