Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Nothing Left That's Sacred

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

Away. She wants to get away from here. The insidious creature that is doubt begins to seep into the cracks of her frame. She hates how it infects her. How it urges her to flee rather than face the potential of learning something new. She is no scholar, she is but a false prophet cutting through the unfamiliar aisles. They will never bow to her the way they bow to those who dedicate their lives to them. His hooffalls whisper down the aisle, he is coming closer and closer to the sea. Soon he will be within her tides. Meira turns her head to face him, as man made of marble and obsidian. He is stunning. There is an otherworldly aura to him, one she has cannot place because she has not encountered this aura before. Meira is fascinated by the ebony line carving a path through his finely chiseled marble features. Blue chasms peer out from visage. For a moment she panics because he can see her. Truly see her. Meira's features harden quickly in response to this realization. She doesn't want him to see her. The sea inside her wants to drown this library, to drown him for his kindness. Smother it from his beautiful, enchanting face. She knows, how looks can lie. Meira listens to him as he speaks. She is caught in the tides of his otherwordly embrace.

Meira wonders if he is yet another mage, one who will burn her the way they did the night prior. Shameful, her actions were shameful. Guilt joins doubt and seeps into the space around her heart. "I am looking for the stories about the old gods. The ones who may have come long before Solis, Caligo, Oriens, and Vespera." The words fall from her mouth, their sounds are foreign. Perhaps her companion is not the only one who is out of place in this world. The sting of the strange mage's words returns. She has salted her own wounds with her actions the night before. Meira tries to smile, but it is like cracked sea-glass. It is not beautiful. She is not beautiful, he made sure of that. "And perhaps somewhere I can learn about conduct within Delumine. I am not sure I understand the culture here yet, Solterra is a very different place." The sea begins to shift inside her, it moves to soothe the ache of her heart. She cannot speak of her life there. He cannot ask her. She will drown in the sea that her sorrow has created to fill the empty space he left behind.

Her blue chasms peer at him with curiosity. She knows that neutrality is preferred here and that knowledge is heralded as the be-all and end-all. She wonders if he knows a fraud when he sees one.

@Pravda
I just .. Pravda is such a beautiful character <3

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Meira - 11-01-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Pravda - 11-03-2020, 09:02 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Meira - 11-08-2020, 06:20 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Pravda - 11-21-2020, 07:33 PM
RE: Nothing Left That's Sacred - by Meira - 12-26-2020, 01:18 PM