Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - spare my blood [race]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Callynite [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 22
Signos: 50

the end is near -

M
aybe it’s instinct that has you inching closer to the other horse, closing the distance between you and them; maybe it’s the spirit of the race demanding you to be better, faster, stronger than them. Maybe it’s the dizzying scent of cinnamon and apple spice that washes over you with each new wave of smoke. 

The ground is a blur beneath your hooves, the smoke a veil that wraps around your body and coos stories of triumph and victory in your ears.

The world feels like an insubstantial thing now, shifting and dancing with the flames. You can hear voices around you, but you can’t make out the words; each time you try to focus your attention slips away, much like the feeling in your limbs, until it feels as though you are a thing detached from your own body, floating along through the air. Perhaps you look down then and see yourself as others see you, a wild thing streaking like madness towards the finish line.

Or maybe you are only noticing how the horses around you seem to be turning to fiery shades of red and gold, their bodies cracking apart like a log crumbling to ash in a fire.

The fire was supposed to protect you. That is what everyone had said — that the smoke of the bonfires was a blessing, that it would ward off evil. So why does it feel, then, as if you are descending into madness?

The world glows brightly around you, as the smoke fills your nose and more visions flash like embers across your vision. Ahead you can see the finish line drawing near, twin bonfires dancing with all the brilliant colors of an aurora. 

But it seems so very far away, your legs feeling more and more like dead weight. And as you slip in and out of waking-dreams, it becomes a matter of whether you’ll even make it.

To conclude the race, you must post a closer. There is no word limit, and you can be as creative with the prompt as you'd like! You are growing tired with how long you've been running, but you can just see the end of the race in the distance.

You are free to write your character crossing the finish line in this post, or you can simply write them reacting to the effects. Once all the race threads are completed, a dice will be rolled to determine the winner and the results will be posted in each race thread.

Thank you for your participation, and good luck! We hope you enjoyed the event!

@Elena

Messages In This Thread
spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-01-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Official Dawn Account - 11-02-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: spare my blood [race] - by Elena - 11-02-2020, 05:38 PM