Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - sipping on that sweet sunshine

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kai [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 4
Signos: 20
Dawn Court Medic
Female [she / her]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'll show you
what I'm made of
A HEART FULL OF FIRE

The summer is beautiful, a perfect time to actually leave the court interior and wander among the meadow that houses many an herb.

The sun beats down on a striped body, small and dainty as Eirene makes her way through the taller grasses, small hooves picking up small clods of dirt with her steps as she keeps a keen eye out. There's much to learn about what grows where, and while she should be sticking herself into the court itself . . . well. At the moment, her collection begs to be grown, in a literal sense. Gathering the seeds and flowers of what she needs will benefit her and the Court, if she's kept as a medic. So far, it's been mostly learning faces, though she's yet to actually introduce herself to anyone.

The zorse has heard the name Ipomoea a lot, and the relation of a title -- Sovereign. It's an unusual one, but she's only ever been around Elders and disciples, a herd equipped to heal, not to rule over a land. They had all been travelers, gathering their herbs and helping the actual herds they came across, lending healing hands and soft words, potent potions and salves to cure the ailed. Eirene learned much from them, as much as potentially possible, anyway. Leaving had been a way to ensure she still grew her skills, developed them in ways that the old herd had only ever dreamed off.

Hooves pause, and she becomes aware that she's wandered a bit far into the grasses, her mind wandering off to the past and leaving her body to simply run on an auto-pilot. Not the best idea, all things considered. She's learned a lot of the world on her own, and that most of said world had short tempers and very sharp teeth if they were so inclined to use them as well as their sharp tongues. Soft as she is, she has also learned that such things are merely how the world works, and to not let them anchor her free floating spirit down. Perhaps that's why she's met so many patients with short words and been able to walk away with a smile on her face.

Shifting her weight, Eirene tilts her horned head downward toward a small herb as her mind wanders on the past, nosing against a leaf and trying to identify the smell before her ears flick back, catching sound of . . . something. Lifting her head up again, she looks much like a zebra, eyes roaming and ears flicking back and forth, listening, before once again dropping down. Carefully, she uses her telekinesis to pick the herb -- roots and all -- before stashing it into a satchel that's already fit to burst with greenery and tangled roots. The other satchel against her hip seems to just clink and clank when she walks, the tinkle of glass gently bouncing off of each other.

Carefully, Eirene makes her way through the grasses and flowers, on the hunt for yet another plant if she can find it. It isn't until she's nearly nose deep in the dirt that she hears movement, and she lifts her head with a flick of her mane, antlers gleaming in the light and --- "Hello?" a soft voice parting her lips.

@Isolt 

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isolt

There is blood still dripping down my shoulder from the claws of the island-throne. And there is still the dull ache of fire along my cheek, where the girl had burned me. It aches, and aches, and aches, and I—

I do not know how to live without it.

I
t is a long walk back from the island, and Isolt makes it alone.

It feels wrong, to not have her twin pressed into her side. It feels wrong, to not share her agony (and her rage, and her sorrow, and her confusion at being a thing made instead of born) with the other half of her soul. It feels wrong, for each step to ache and to not have the softness of her sister’s skin to distract her from it.

Each step only aches all the more because of the absence. And each time she grits her teeth she thinks only feels that bit of rage coiled in her chest grow, and grow, and grow.

There is still blood crusted along her jaw (her blood, from eating her own heart in the throne room; and the island’s blood, from tearing apart its limbs that had been wrapped like a cage around the throne.) Isolt did not wash it off in the star-blood river, did not slake her thirst the way all the other horses who had come to marvel at the island’s wonders had. Isolt had known better than them that it was not water the island offered to the thirsty. And she was too much like Thana to take any offering an island of magic had to give, without taking it first between her teeth and tearing it apart.

She knows she should go home to her sister. She knows that when she curls up tangled leg-to-leg and horn-to-horn with Danaë that she will forget her rage, and her hunger, and her pain; that together they will raise dead things from the ground and run like rotten flowers through the forest with a bramblebear pressed against their sides. She knows, oh she knows that she is a terrible thing without her sister, the same way she knows that she is not so filled with sorrow to be like Danaë who wants to not be the monster the rest of the world sees them as.

And so there are no risen field-mice or sparrows fluttering in her wake like pages torn free of a book. There are no flowers blooming in their empty eyes or vines holding their broken pieces together. When the dead in the earth cry out to her she does not try to save them, or fix them, or give them back the lives that were stolen from them. She does not help them.

Instead there is a garden of rot blooming beneath her hooves, a trail of black racing out behind her like a cloak. Flowers lose their heads to the blade of her tail, crumbling into ash and dust in her shadow. Blades of grass wilt and crumble. Herbs turn bitter and poisonous and this, this Isolt drinks down like a wolf who does not know how to pull back her jaws from the kill.

It makes her a terrible thing, she knows. It makes her more and more like the monster the world sees her as. But still (but still) when she sees the other horse standing amongst the flowers, she does not turn away and try to hide the terrible parts of herself.

She only steps closer, and closer, and closer.

And when at last she stands before the smaller, antlered girl, she does not speak. She only reaches forward with the blade of her tail, and carves another head from the stalk of a wildflower.

In its place a cardinal flower blooms, bloody and toxic, watered by her own blood.

from my rotting corpse.
« r » | @Eirene