Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - never learned nothing

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'm headed straight for the castle

The stranger compliments her name as they wander the aisles. Creeping closer and closer to the destination Meira has in mind. The compliment causes her to pause for a moment, because she cannot remember the last time she has been given a genuine compliment. Thank you." The words tumble from her lips awkwardly. Two words that she has not spoken in so long. Too long. The stranger asks what it means, and then pauses a few moments before explaining why she asked. Meira is quiet. The woman continues on, and then introduces herself as Willoughby. Willoughby. The name is forever burned into her mind. A name she associates with someone good. Someone bright, if a bit oblivious. "Giving Light. Because I was born in Solterra, the court whose god is Solis. An embodiment of the sun, of day. My family was very devout to Solis. I am still quite devout to the deity. I think, once upon a time, my mother believed I was the light. When she believed love could endure all." Meira answers her, but does not provide too much detail.

They are still strangers. Willoughby next addresses Meira's sharing her encounter with a scholar. She pipes up how exciting it must be to meet someone different than herself. The soldier has never thought of things in such a way. The sentiment is almost too poetic for a warrior. Willoughby seems like the type of equine who cherishes every encounter they have with others, no matter what kind. Her blue eyes fall upon the pastel splashed frame of her companion as they near the aisles that Meira thinks will be of the most use to the traveler. "I think we might have different definitions for exciting. It was certainly different. I am someone who is made for blood and war and violence... not pouring over tomes full of words about the lives of others. Not that I mean to diminish the work of scholars, I simply do not relate." She responds, trying hard not to be too cold toward the stranger.

Willoughby shares with Meira that she is new to all of Novus. This is a fact that surprises Meira for only a few moments. She believes she is more surprised by the fact that she has never met a traveler before. Not really.

Merchants didn't count because she never had a real conversation with them. So to her, they were not real.

"I know this is probably where I should say something like, you should join Delumine! But I still deeply love Solterra. If you ever are interested in visiting another court, I would be happy to show you around Solterra. I am native to Novus, but find I know the most about the Day and Night courts. I grew up in the Day court... Where did you come from Willoughby? Or are you one of those types that has never really come from anywhere? A nomad?"

Meira finally stops and gestures once more towards a few aisles she has found a collection of stories in. "You'll probably find the most stories here. Or maybe I am wrong, but I found quite a few here." She finally turns to face the pastel beauty she now knows as Willoughby. The sea inside her is urging her to run, but she has cast her anchor upon the shore for now.

@Willoughby 

Messages In This Thread
never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 12:28 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-27-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-27-2020, 03:25 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 05:37 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 07:17 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Meira - 12-28-2020, 07:53 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 12-28-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: never learned nothing - by Willoughby - 01-07-2021, 10:48 AM