Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kai [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 4
Signos: 20
Dawn Court Medic
Female [she / her]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'll show you
what I'm made of
A HEART FULL OF FIRE

For as long as she's been a part of the Dawn Court -- not terribly long -- she's picked up on the lingering touches of darkness at the edges of the otherwise sunlit Court. Strange, how it always felt a little off to her, but now there's nothing but silence in these hollow feeling walkways. An edge of quiet that seems to be all too prominent, at least until there's something in the air. A shudder almost that seems to radiate through the area, and her horned head lifts up a moment, pale eyes going wide in surprise.

A voice like thunder over the plains, and Eirene makes her way toward where she hears the news of the Sovereign and his children, of the lands she has called home. Part of her mourns not meeting many of them properly --- does one count a meeting for a feral child? But she remains rather quiet as she watches court members walk forward to offer themselves to the position, each one just as likely as the last to potentially get it. There are only three at the moment, denizens of a court she's begun to call home. Three points of light in what is likely a bleak time for most of them. There is no leader, and they are untethered, looking up to a god as he calls to them to step up to a mantle that no one was prepared to take.

Phantom brows furrow, and Eirene steps up slowly, managing to make her way through the gathering crowd. It takes a few nudges and soft 'excuse me's from her, but her peach hooves scramble as she pops between the final line of bodies, staggering a little and skidding, satchels flying every which way before smacking her striped coat and settling again.

She blinks, lifting her horned head up with a delicate smile, and steps forward, more certain in her steps. "I will step up, too." Despite her small stature, there is a sureness to her gaze as she lines up with the previous three that had stepped forward. "I am new to the Court, but I can tell when a herd needs healing. Whether by poultice or by leadership." Her ears flick back a little, but she remains a little more steadfast, a little more confident in herself.

"A time to bring Delumine back to the light is upon us. Whosoever gets the position should follow that." It's not to speak out of turn but to offer her own perspective on it. She might not be what they're looking for, but she's healed and seen herds fall apart that have not had strong leadership. So long as whoever steps up is strong, they should be fine. Not just in a physical sense but in all other senses. One should not rely on just physical strength, but she has the hope in her heart that this will be good for them. There's a level of trust in her for her fellow courtmates and those that have stepped up.

"I am Eirene, just a medic with my own little garden right now. But I've seen plenty of herds fall apart, and I don't want to see that happen to my own home. I offer to take up the mantle, just as the others you see before you." They were here for Delumine, not for themselves.

<333

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
Kai or Jek, take your pick c:

Great! How old are you?
30 !

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
Offsite, I've had plenty of positions of power over the years. ( they've all been on sites that have eventually died off from time, really. ) I rather enjoyed how it brought my characters closer to their herd, as well as the other rp'ers! I didn't much like the OOC drama that came along with it at times, but it's something I work hard to not allow.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
Listen I love Novus and have been around since the start of it those years ago. I might have vanished from time to time but I always end up coming back, and it's the draw of this place. The community and lore. Everything.

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Delumine?
Eirene has seen the fall of herds in her past travels, healing the wounded from raids and wars, and seen the worst of the worst. After all, her home herd told her to go see the world, and she did. She's not so naive as to believe that the world is all sunshine and butterflies, and has a bit of mettle to her that seems to stick even when she's pushed. She'll push back if she has to, and she refuses to see a home go under due to any sort of lack of leadership.

She's a healer at heart, which means she's there for the members of the court, of all ranks and sizes. I feel she at least fits in the ideals of Oriens, being as accepting as she is. No matter the nature of someone, she gives them a benefit of the doubt, and has been known to help the wounded of those that are cast aside as outsiders for their looks or assumptions of their natures. She's the light in a bleak world, attempting to keep herself as a beacon, a sunrise after a long night.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
Eirene wants to see the Dawn Court come together again, to be one whole as a family, rather than the fractured pieces she's seen and the fleeting shadows of darkness. It's a silly ideal but one that she pours her hope into carefully, a vision that she holds near and dear to her heart. She would bring them all together as best as she could, and while ranks are still a thing, she wants even power set up through the entirety of the Court, to set up something where she feels everyone can be heard.

Bonfires, balls, gatherings. Activities for EXP and for activity would be a once monthly thing ( or once a season thing ) in order to make sure there's plenty of activity, as well as inter-court plotting that could stir up bits of drama here and there. Eirene wants to simply make the best of Delumine while she's able to, and even if she doesn't get the spot, she may offer said things to the Sovereign that does get the spot. Asking to help and offering what she can.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Nope, love you all here on Novus <33

Messages In This Thread
RE: from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Atlas - 01-01-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: from the morning rays [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Eirene - 01-05-2021, 09:07 PM