Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - seeking knowledge

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

Arma Mountains are a surprisingly comfortable place to be sometimes, especially when one is lost to their own thoughts.

Cicatrix finds themselves lost more often than not lately, wanting to do the best they can for Denocte. Azrael had given them his position, had entrusted them, and what had they done with it but flounder? It was time to change that, and speaking to Caligo every night doesn't seem to help as much as they want. She does not answer from her perch, but perhaps she watches them, tests them.

There's a shiver down their spine, and Cicatrix draws in a breath, wings stretching with one great sweep of them. They mean to take flight, but they hear something. There's a flick of their ears underneath of the cloak, and they turn their head, wings closing and the halo casting more light over the rocky crevices of the mountain terrain around them.

It isn't a surprise that there are others around here, but they still always find themselves surprised at times that others are willing to even come near them. It isn't as if they're the most friendly .. er .. face.

Shaking their body slightly, Cicatrix instead approaches the sounds, hooves carefully kicking rocks away and finding firm purchase, scanning the area around them. It surprises them to come someone that nearly matches the night sky, and their head lifts up a little. It would have been harder to see them, if not for the golden light cast from the ever present source circling their head.

That surprise turns to something of relief however, and they breathe out, wings even loosening at their sides, revealing glimpses of the stars charted on the very membranes.

This is someone they've been seeking.

"You are Sebastien, are you not? The scholar?" Hope colors their tone, and they even seem to ruffle up from it. Feathers stand on end on the joints of their wings, content and excited, and if they had a face, they would be smiling. As it is, there is at least very little blue dripping from between sharp gilded teeth, giving a less imposing visage than usual. "I have meant to look for you. How strange, to meet you all the way out here." But they're not complaining.

Perhaps this is Caligo's way of guiding them in a direction they needed to go.

@Sebastien

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

The stone of the mountains is washed in shades of blue. Shades the moon pours over each and every one of them. In the distance he sees a dim glow of golden light, humming from a creature he cannot completely see. Sebastien exhales the vapor in his lungs. He gives it back to the sky full of stars that light up the sky for him. For Caligo. For all of Denocte. He draws closer with each passing second. His gait is steady, but it is not hurried. Sebastien ceases only when he sees the way that they extend their wings strewn with galaxies and gold. He is quick to acknowledge that he has never seen anyone who looks like them. They are equine in nature, but they are otherworldly. As if the heavens themselves yawned and they fell from the gaping maw of the universe. It is not just he who has noticed the other. Sebastien realizes this a bit too slowly, for the other is the first to speak.

Sebastien almost does not notice the words that fall from their mouth like the strange liquid dripping from their other orifices. They sigh his name, and it leaves him scrambling to place where they've met. If they've met. They ask if he truly is Sebastien, the Scholar of Denocte. A smile graces his lips as he sees a flicker of relief spread across the features that have been lit by their crown. The dull glow seems to emanate from this equine. It splashes him too and he is cast in the warm glow of their halo. "Yes, I am Sebastien the Scholar. I'm afraid I can't recall your name at the moment. I'm sure we've met..." He responds. His tones are warm as he answers the stranger. All his education has led him to this point. The way that he speaks with others because it leaves them none the wiser to his ulterior motives.

They peak again, informing him that they meant to seek him out. A strange occurrence indeed that they should meet out here at night. Beneath Caligo's watchful gaze. Sebastien studies the equine and realizes they were probably among those that gathered for Caligo to select her next Sovereign. "Strange indeed. It seems Caligo must have plans for us to meet so soon. I can say this is the first time I've been sought after as a scholar in Denocte though. I have recently relocated here, from Solterra. I hope I can help you, but I can make no promises. What is it you're looking for?" He asks, again the cordial tones fit for the noble house he belongs to. The cursed house that he must protect at all costs. Until he stops aging. Until he becomes hollow.

@Cicatrix

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

Sometimes they forget that they were given their position, and no one truly knows who they are. Cicatrix hopes to change that some day, even if it's just one step at a time for things like this. One day, they will be known for their position, and their name will be commonplace among Denoctians. For now, they have to take the steps for that.

"Do pardon me," they speak, one wing stretching out suddenly before folding before them, as if it's an arm reaching over a chest, and they dip their head down. Doing so causes the halo to grow brighter with their head no longer in the way, before it's up once more and they stand at their full height again. "--- I am Cicatrix." It's a delighted tone. Yes, they had attempted to offer their name to Caligo for Sovereign, but they found they are more suited for a position not so powerful. It's nice, being where they are right now.

"I am Denocte's Champion of Wisdom." Perhaps they should have started with that, but it's a little late now. Instead, they forge forward with what they want to say. "I am seeking all scholars of Denocte, but I believe... it is you and I right now that are any sort of scholarly type," they say, sounding a little woeful. It doesn't show on their lack of face, but Cicatrix's words are emotive enough to make up for the lack of actual expression. "So I have come to you in counsel. We need more scholars, and I believe we can help one another out, boosting our ranks."

They needed more knowledge in Denocte, and while Cicatrix has plenty of knowledge to impart on Denocte as a whole from their travels, they lack knowledge on Novus itself. It's something they greedily devour while they can, taking in every story and shred of lore they can get for themselves. "Can we call this a collaboration? To gather scholars and to figure out a way to share our wisdom with fellow Denoctians."

@Sebastien