Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - achilles come down —

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Reichenbach VS Rostislav

@Reichenbach - Total: 77/100

• Attacks 52/65

• 19/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail).
      • 1st post: No actual attack, but it was nice to see Reich's personality radiate through his posture and relaxation.
      • 2nd post: Creative, offensive thought process behind his attack and how he was able to get in the position to make it!
      • 3rd post: I question how realistic a body-slam into a chestplate would be. I feel it would have been a better choice to try and shoulder/slam Rosti's own shoulder - which is mostly unprotected- which would still allow for him to try and knock out his legs from under him.

• 23/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 1st post: No actual attack, but a very realistic and fluid feeling of comfort emanated from this post.
      • 2nd post: Realistic choice, with the aiming for Rosti's throat. While Rosti was attempting to backpedal, it's unlikely that he could backpedal quick enough to fully avoid such a kick.
      • 3rd post: Watching the contrast in Rosti and Reich is refreshing. Rosti, who is so overly-aware of his friendship with Reich and questions the battle because of it... whereas Reich gets lost in the adrenaline and pumping blood. Nice to see that he clears his head and doesn't end up trying to take advantage of Rosti's moment to catch his breath!

• 10/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Very well written, few errors.
      • 2nd post: A sentence that could have been structured differently near the end, at the tail-end of his first attack. It read oddly and made me go back to re-read it, but overall very good!
      • 3rd post: Very well written, few errors.

• Blocks 25/35

• 10/15 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: No actual blocks.
      • 2nd post: I would have liked to see more of a written description of how the bite affected him - there was a decent bit of descriptiveness to it already, but it would have been icing on the cake to maybe explain the pain he was experiencing while he reciprocated an attack.
      • 3rd post: The idea of Reich leaping like a rabbit off the ground kinda made me chuckle!

• 11/15 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 2nd post: How Reich calculated the pros/cons of taking or trying to avoid the bite added a nice tang of realism. Avoiding the bite would have meant that he wasn't able to be in the position he was, so close to Rosti's throat (even though Rosti was attempting to backpedal afterwards).
      • 3rd post: I would have liked to see some sort of consequence from the leap - maybe something along the lines of a stumble, especially with how fast Damaris was coming at him.

• 4/5 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 2nd post: A few repetitive words mid-post and run-on sentences, but otherwise very good!
      • 3rd post: Very well written, few errors.

@Rostislav - Total: 88/100

• Attacks 58/65 

• 23/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: I really liked the aspect that he was quite nervious to battle his Sovereign, and it brought a very realistic feel to the fight. It carried well throughout the entire post - from Damaris' "reassurance," to his almost tentative attack at Reich's bum (which made me laugh, actually!)
      • 2nd post: I was hoping to see Damaris jump into this after Reich's attack, and wasn't disappointed! Was especially impressed by Damaris blocking Rosti out, although I felt like the  description of her attack fell off almost awkwardly near the end.
      • 3rd post: No attacks in this post.

• 21/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: The fact that Rostislav's first attack came off as hesitant works out in the end, especially because he knows Reich is aware of his presence. It makes a lot of sense that he doesn't throw his entire weight and vigor into something that will most likely be countered very easily.
      • 2nd post: Rosti's concern for Damaris' damaging potential was quite quaint! Made me smile and go "aww," because even in the heat of battle this chunky-monkey still cares for his friends deeply and shows it!

• 10/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: I've been watching your development (outside of this battle, too), and I'm super impressed by your improvements in such a short timespan! You had a great writing style when you started, and it's only becoming more impressive. There was a sentence or two near the end that could have benefited from being combined into a complex sentence, though.
      • 2nd post: A few spelling errors here and there, but they're few and far between!

• Blocks 30/35

• 13/15 will be based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail) 
        1st post: No blocks in the first post.
      • 2nd post: I love how well written Rosti's reaction to the hit was! Very fluid and great amount of detail.
      • 3rd post: Not necessarily a block (as Rosti took the hit), but it was nice to see how you detailed the repercussions of Reich's attack.

• 14/15 will be based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: No blocks in the first post.
      • 2nd post: This was one hit I, personally, couldn't have seen play out almost any other way. While Rosti was coiled to leap back, the proximity is just far too small and he would have never been able to fully avoid Reich's attack. Very good at sticking with realism!
      • 3rd post: The hit on his chest armor winding Rosti was very realistic! You play his armor very well - an advantage, but not something that makes him immune to everything.

• 3/5 will be based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: No blocks in the first post.
      • 2nd post: A few spelling errors here and there, but they're few and far between!
      • 3rd post: Very well done, and few if any errors!

the novus crew

the someday crew

Messages In This Thread
achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-17-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-20-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-20-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-21-2017, 08:23 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by Reichenbach - 08-22-2017, 02:40 AM
RE: achilles come down — - by Rostislav - 08-22-2017, 07:57 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by sid - 08-29-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by inkbone - 09-20-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: achilles come down — - by sid - 10-03-2017, 06:44 PM