Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - This Way, or That Way?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

Twinkle Toes? Truly? Did he just...?

Somnus has the fleeting opportunity to cast Ulric an unimpressed look, fierce verdant eyes full of mock-derision, before Florentine is once more popping her head around the corner of the shrubbery, wild flaxen hairs in disarray and petals of amethyst flowers cascading to the ground, to admire his very hooves. Her comment mortifies him to the core, but Somnus does not have a moment to wallow in his unfathomable embarrassment inspired by his one true friend as they round the bend and finally fall into step beside the Dusk maiden.

Her comment throws him off, an innocent bleat of 'But is that not part of the fun?', and it takes everything in the tactician's power to remark that, no, it is not part of the fun to charge into the unknown unprepared. What if a beast awaits them at the end of this terrible maze? What if it is all a trap? Somnus has not had the time to think of a good plan, a sound and safe alternative if everything suddenly went, and pardon his language, to a bloody, forsaken shit-show, and that alone leaves him with enough anxiety that he prays he will not develop ulcers.

The golden tactician is on her left, Ulric on her right, as they wade further into the unknown. They come to a brief halt before a fork that leads either left or right, and Ulric, good, capable, far too comfortable with this Ulric, comes to the decision that they should venture left. Left. Very well, then. Somnus' sharp verdant eyes trail upon the path to the left, then twists his head to look past Florentine and Ulric to regard the path to the right with a look one might give a rather formidable foe. They look the same; simple, innocent, and unassuming, but Somnus is no fool. Either one has the potential to cast them all to their deaths, but... If they were to go, at least they would go together.

What a very optimistic thought...

The decision to go left is unanimous, and Somnus is steered to the left with a gentle bump of urging from Florentine. He flexes a wing and it grazes against her side, a silent acknowledgement of very well, if we must, but he falls into step with them once more. The vegetation about them looks very much the same as it did everywhere that they had already traversed, and the dunalino stallion took a moment to hope that they would remember the way out before dispelling the worrisome thought from his mind. In all due time.

Then, of course, Florentine says something about monsters in an all too chipper tone, and Somnus lets out a long-suffering sigh. "Bloody hell..." But then, the wild-haired maiden is asking of Delumine, and the golden tactician began to speak, grateful for the distraction from his own frantic inner thoughts.

"If we are being honest, my knowledge of Delumine is quite incomplete, I fear. I have not called the Dawn Court my home for too long yet, and am still learning the workings of the land." It was a very professional, courtly answer, and for a moment Somnus ruminated on his words, hoping to find something at least a little more exciting for someone with as much spunk and spirit as Florentine seemed to possess.

"But I have seen quite the interesting forms of wildlife in Delumine. At the Rapax River, I witnessed a positively odd specimen leap from the waves. A pink river dolphin, I believe it was, if the texts in the court library are to be believed." And, quite honestly, Somnus didn't understand why they couldn't.

@Ulric @Florentine

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-19-2017, 08:38 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-21-2017, 01:50 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-24-2017, 08:59 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-25-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-26-2017, 12:49 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 08-27-2017, 06:47 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Ulric - 08-28-2017, 08:13 PM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Florentine - 08-29-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: This Way, or That Way? - by Somnus - 09-04-2017, 05:03 PM