Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I thought you were dead.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kazi

<>:X:<> KAZI <>:X:<> 

"I read the rules..."

The guilt that had shown on the older stallion's face only added fuel to the fire that had begun to burn inside him with his first glimpse of Liam. Kazi's lips wanted to pull back against his tusks in a sneer but he refused to give away just how much anger he was currently harboring. The anger wasn't unexpected but the disappointment certainly was. He really didn't to feel anything else, especially when faced with the reason for such emotions, but it seemed as though it was out of his hooves. It'd just have to be something he dealt with later on, or possibly turn into something useful in the moment.

The colt wondered what Liam thought was amusing enough in this situation. He thought it was pretty obvious that the presence of the stallion wasn't as joyful as it might have been to anyone else. The return of a father figure would have been a reason to celebrate but with the way that he had left those he had promised to protect Kazi would never forgive him. He could barely find it in himself to be somewhat civil.

If Liam had stopped after the 2nd question the colt might have held himself together. He could have taken a moment to consider the options, decide if hearing excuses was really what he wanted. Instead the third question acted as gasoline poured into the open flames and red bled into his vision. It was a miracle that his face stayed as still as it did even as the blue of his eyes brightened in anger to hide the pang of despair at the mention of Kaja.

"You don't deserve to ask about them." His words were icy to the point of frozen, a major contrast to how he felt inside. Kazi really didn't want to talk about his mother or twin with this stallion but the malicious part of him whispered that hearing of their fates would hurt more than not knowing. The flames died down and the ice melted a bit, leaving behind a more monotone, slightly robotic voice.

"My mother's mind has decayed to the point of no return. There's no talking to her without speaking to hundreds of ghosts instead. And my sister..." Kazi forced his voice to stay steady, fighting with himself to keep from showing anything other the steel of indifference. "Kaja is gone."

"... before I break them."

<>:X:<>

@Liam | Gonna be a long road to that

Messages In This Thread
I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-30-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 09-01-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 09-17-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 11-03-2021, 09:42 PM