Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I thought you were dead.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kazi

<>:X:<> KAZI <>:X:<> 

"I read the rules..."

The young stallion definitely remembered the day in the library. It was one of the last times he was somewhat content, in a place that held his interests with the knowledge that his mother and sister were safe. Even discussing books and reading with Liam hadn't been terrible, maybe even something that they could share, but it was a memory now. One clouded over by the disappointment and hurt from being abandoned before even knowing what abandonment really meant. Even his own father, who had no knowledge of his children at their birth, wouldn't have done such a thing. 

"I remember." Kazi considered what else to say, if there even was anything else. Nothing about that day really stood out anymore after everything that had happened. He decided to leave it at that, anything more would just end up giving hope where it wasn't warranted. The silence continued throughout Liam's next questions, replacing the words that would have been useless anyway. He had more control over himself now but the young stallion still wasn't sure nothing would leak through if he spoke while so emotional. He was sure his body was giving enough away with how much it tightened every time the stallion spoke up.

The prior father figure in front of him seemed to think that something was amiss, that there was supposed to have been something left behind to give some sort of answer if the way his shock kept appearing was anything to go by. Something of that sort might have given some insight for sure but he wasn't sure if it would have been enough. Words on paper or whatever wouldn't have been able to stop what had happened, they wouldn't have kept the angry boy from blaming the stallion before him. An excuse didn't pardon anyone from failing at a duty they had decided to take up.

It didn't come as much of a surprise when his thoughts were proven to be true with Liam's next words. Letters. The stallion that had sworn to protect them, protect his mother and sister, had left behind letters to explain to his faux children why he had left without telling them himself, face to face. It wasn't even a question anymore at this point, Kazi knew what he would have done with such a letter. It would have been the same thing that he and his twin had done to an ocean once, though he would have been much less proud.

"Who knows. It's been long enough that I'd prefer for her to be dead at this point." The words tore his soul into pieces but they were heartbreakingly true. Without the knowledge of her whereabouts he could only assume it was someplace bad, especially with the link between them missing, and Kazi felt that death was a much better fate than being captured somewhere. His sister had been a force but even she had limits and he didn't want to one day find out what lengths someone had gone to to break her. Mending the break in his heart would only happen once he found something to work towards and speaking with Liam wasn't getting him anywhere further with that. In fact, it was only making the seething anger boil over through the cracks.

"Letters are no way to tell a child, much less two children, that you are leaving. I guess it's a good thing I grew up so quickly, though it means I was able to get to know you more. I never thought you would be the one to just up and leave." Kazi wasn't sure if he was aiming to hurt any more than he was just trying to keep himself from saying too much. He didn't want pity from this stallion any more than he wanted him trying to fix things. Anyone that was going to leave out of the blue, and not even make sure the excuse they wrote up made it to the people they were meant for, wasn't someone he wanted in his life anymore.

"... before I break them."

<>:X:<>

@Liam | Notes

Messages In This Thread
I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-15-2021, 07:44 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-16-2021, 09:02 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-18-2021, 11:13 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 08-30-2021, 10:56 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 09-01-2021, 11:08 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Kazi - 09-17-2021, 11:43 PM
RE: I thought you were dead. - by Liam - 11-03-2021, 09:42 PM