Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I rep this city [MEETING]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Meira

maybe then
I'd feel alive without you

T
he sun rose another day. Each day her ache grew and swelled until she could almost no longer bear it. The more and more Meira thought about her choices to join Delumine, the more and more she felt the weight of regret sink into her bones. She did not love Delumine. She did not love Oriens. Meira loves Solis. She loves Solterra. What are you doing here then? They would always ask her. It was a question that gnawed at her on the nights where she could not fall into a slumber because to sleep meant to dream. To dream meant that she had to see him. Just like Solterra. Meira, despite her disdain for the situation, was trapped. The soldier moves with a sour face stitched to her lips. 

She remembers who sat in the seat of power when she first moved to Delumine. Then they were gone, and the regent filled their empty seats. Then he was gone too. Now there were whispers and orders from above to attend a new coronation of sorts for what others were calling a cervine. A deer. Meira is even less certain about the ruler now than ever before. She has no prior experience with deer, let alone being expected to serve one. As she arrives at the gathering there is but one familiar face. Somnus. He was at the last festival with all the mages. Or perhaps it was on the island that sank into the sea. Meira allows her eyes to linger on him momentarily before drifting to the red deer delivering her speech. Meira can taste the uncertainty of her words like a bitter drink.

The seaborn woman can't choke back the growing resentment she feels. She is trapped here. It is the same as before, this deer will bring no solace to her. A murmur stirs to life through the crowd. Meira is on duty here but she can't help herself and the growing ire she feels in the pit of her stomach. The words of support spill out of the masses almost blindly. As if there was no one else before the deer who Meira has already forgotten the name of. Not because she does not care, but because all names seem to slip her mind at first. When the new sovereign invites them to share their ideas and experiences, Meira can't hold herself back. The support for this stranger is deafening. Even if she claims to have been here years, she is still as much a stranger to Meira as everyone else.

She cannot see past her own faults.

"And what for those of us that still remember all that has happened? Those of us who once were made to feel as though they belong before it was ripped away again? In all my time in Delumine, all I have seen from the promises of sovereigns is loss. Why are you any different than the rest of them?" Meira is almost surprised by the challenges she has presented to the doe.

"And what will you do for those of us who will not offer out support so blindly. Those of us who would like proof of the changes you dream of creating here? What will you do with the soldiers who speak up? The children who cast wary glances your way. Any warm body can claim a throne, but it takes a great deal to be an effective leader. Convince me why I should accept and serve you. Or work together as you say..." Meira is surprised at the strength of her emotions. The heat of her anger stems from another source. The previous sovereigns' abandonment of the throne, and the pain she endures feeling trapped in a world she feels she does not belong in.

@Somnus @Aska @Callynite @Huehuecoyotl

Messages In This Thread
I rep this city [MEETING] - by Callynite - 09-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Aska - 09-11-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Huehuecoyotl - 09-11-2021, 06:01 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Somnus - 09-11-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Meira - 09-11-2021, 09:33 PM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Eirene - 09-12-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: I rep this city [MEETING] - by Callynite - 09-18-2021, 11:17 AM