Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You touch so foreign

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Meira

maybe then
I'd feel alive without you

I
t does not surprise Meira that Callynite cannot promise her safety here. What does surprise her is the honesty with which the new Sovereign thrust upon her. The doe acknowledges the strangeness of a Cervidae leading a tribe of horses as she calls it. Delumine has never felt like a tribe to Meira. That concept alone makes her wonder if she will ever belong anywhere but the Sea. Each day that passes has her doubt growing more and more. The striped mare listens quietly, although her rage is burning inside her. Meira is not known for her patience, but for the time being Callynite is her Sovereign, and so she bites her tongue. The doe does not beg her to stay but instead assures the mahogany seaborn that she will always be in her corner. The thought of a Cervidae in the corner of a predator makes Meira laugh. The sound is not sarcastic, nor does it sound like it is directed at Callynite. It isn't directed at her, but rather at the absurdity of the situation at hand. The situation that only she is aware of.

Meira feels a momentary pang of realization that surges through her as she listens to the doe. It is true that she has not shared her plight with others. So few know the truth about Sebastien. Meira's features contort into one of horror as she realizes that he still has a hold on her. One that she will never break unless others know the truth about him. About what he's done, and continues to do. Callynite ends her speech by asking Meira what she can do to make Delumine safer for her. A bitter laugh spills from her lips when the question is posed to her. "If I tell you what you need to do to keep Delumine safe, I don't think that you'll enjoy it. Even if it is the truth." Meira answers the doe, and this time her voice is low. Softer, as if the fires of rage have finally been reduced to a smolder. It is obvious, or at least she hopes it is obvious that Callynite's words have had some sort of effect on her. She is cautious, but it seems that some trust has been forged between them. It is because of the Sovereign's honesty and compassion. "I'll stay, and tell you of the one who hunts me. The one who will prey on any vulnerable equine or Cervidae."

Meira begins slowly at first. Her heart pound in response to the danger she is about to unleash. How much of this is her fault? How many consequences will rain down on her because she has told a Sovereign about him? "His name is Sebastien, and as far as I know he lives in the Night Court now. I don't know if he ever left, but I do know he keeps trying to drag me back there. He is dangerous, very very dangerous. Sebastien has magic that ensnares the vulnerable in what he calls his gravity. He'll make anyone believe they are the most special creature to ever have existed and once you're hooked he'll drag you to some isolated location and torture you for as long as he can. Until you are nothing but a husk of your former self. Until you believe you'll have to run from him for the rest of his life. He doesn't let anyone go. The longer you're away from him the weaker the effect his magic has on you... but it's never enough. I don't think he'll stop until he kills me. "

Meira finally answers Callynite. It is the first time she has ever been honest about him, and what she's gone through. Her heart is racing, and her eyes appear panicked. She knows that Sebastien will hear about this, and then he'll step up his game of hunting her.  "That's the thing about him... it's his magic that can turn anyone against someone. He kept me for years trapped in Denocte. When I escaped and came to Delumine, I was a shell of who I once was. The only solace I found was in the sea instead of the soldiers I joined up with.  He writhed his way into my home and now even Delumine feels tainted. So to answer your question, Callynite... You'll have to kill him to keep Delumine safe. "

Meira finishes her explanation, although her decision to stay is still teetering. Perhaps this can be how she starts over. By exposing Sebastien, even if it is only within her home. "Please, banish him from Delumine. That is the only way that I can remain in your court and have some semblance of peace. If you cannot do this, and I understand that it is just my word against a stranger... well then I'll be packing my things and going. I don't know what I would do if he found a new victim here in Delumine though. I just might kill him myself."

"Speech looks like this"

@Callynite Sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
You touch so foreign - by Meira - 09-17-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 09-25-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 09-26-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 09-26-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 09-26-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 10-11-2021, 08:04 AM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 12-20-2021, 12:33 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 12-21-2021, 02:09 AM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 03-18-2022, 04:57 PM