Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You touch so foreign

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Meira

maybe then
I'd feel alive without you

C
allynite closes her eyes for a moment as Meira speaks. The soldier doesn't pay any mind to it, mostly because it doesn't take very long for the Sovereign to reopen her eyes. There is a rough, seriousness about the doe that wasn't apparent prior. Despite all her nerves, Meira manages to tell Cally about him. About the man who sinks his teeth beneath the flesh of the vulnerable and gnaws until there's nothing left of them. Sebastien is even worse than all the stories of ancient vampires and howling wraiths. He is a beast unknown to the masses. Cally's words surprise her at first, mostly because part of her wants to do anything but agree with this near-stranger. The striped mare listens to the statement that the doe, that she tries her best to make the right choices as often as possible because perfection was an impossibility. Meira offers a simple nod of agreement, but she says no more about the right choices despite the fact that she agrees with the fresh Sovereign.

Callynite is a far more attentive listener than the soldier anticipated. The silence and seriousness edged into the gentle sloping features of the Sovereign. The green aura surges around the Sovereign as Meira speaks and shares all of the wounds Sebastien has inflicted upon her over the years. Then as her story grows quiet, Callynite's voice does not break the silence at first. Instead, a long pause weaves between them that leaves Meira feeling a little out of breath. Her bodice shifts uncomfortably as she fights the urge to run far from the disdainful glance the leader of Delumine now has on her face. At first, the words Cally begins to speak cause her stomach to drop. Her veins feel like ice and her heart feels like a roaring fire. It's her turn to listen as patiently as possible for the answer. The softness that comes from the doe is foreign to her. Meira cannot remember a time when anyone was ever on her side. Even in Denocte she was overlooked as an outsider.

Sebastien's words were too convincing. There is a righteous fury that emanates from the Sovereign and Meira notices. The fires that burn inside of her are nothing compared to this display from her leader. For a moment she feels very small next to Callynite. Not because she is physically small, but because her emotions and sense of justice are nothing like the brown doe who seems so gentle.  As she speaks, Meira can tell how protective the new Sovereign is of Delumine and her citizens. Protective, not possessive in the way that he was. Sebastien only knows ownership and lacks all sense of compassion. She speaks of her fair leadership, and her mercy, but she also speaks of banishment. It isn't until her last set of words that Meira feels any sense of relief. It is the first time she has ever been believed about the struggles she faced with him. The assurance that he would not leave Delumine alive had her feeling oddly giddy.

Elation toward the potential death of another was not something she ever thought she'd relish. Meira usually wouldn't, but with Sebastien it was different. He had robbed her of her home and loved ones faster than she could take her first breaths of freedom. 

"Then I stay. Delumine will be my home and I will set fire to the souls of anyone who stands against it. It is the least I can do for someone who has been kind enough to support me although I am a stranger. It has been too long since I have had a home, or friends... or safety. "

Meira answers her, now feeling weary from the exchange. Thinking of him is always tiring.

"But maybe it's more accurate to say that I have found a home in you rather than the court.  It's easier to find a home in others than in places... but even they can be taken away. I should be getting back to my post soon, but if you have questions about him... and how is magic works... I should be able to help you. I'm no good at protecting others from it, or defending them. His magic is the equivalent of muzzling a starving wolf. If he can stop even that... your mages are better suited for that set of thoughts."

Meira finished all she had left to say. There is a weariness that hangs over her that is different than the panic and rage that had consumed her. There are no more crashing waves of violent anger surging through her, only the exhaustion that comes after the storm.

@Callynite Sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
You touch so foreign - by Meira - 09-17-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 09-25-2021, 11:31 AM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 09-26-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 09-26-2021, 09:08 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 09-26-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 10-11-2021, 08:04 AM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 12-20-2021, 12:33 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 12-21-2021, 02:09 AM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Meira - 03-18-2022, 04:57 PM
RE: You touch so foreign - by Callynite - 04-09-2022, 10:08 AM