Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

She almost had to laugh at the fact that the other woman had no idea, that Oberon hadn’t mentioned it to her. She shook her head, clearing her thoughts, throwing away the laugh that had bubbled up in her throat. “Etain didn’t like that you left things to me and Oberon. She took over, and outcast us. “ she paused, her heart pounding. “She said she’d kill us if we came back, so me and Cavalier took refuge in the wastes, with Lyrus. Cavalier went back anyways… and Etain mutilated her.” She turned her head away from Io. Unable to stop thinking that none of it would have happened that way if her sister had only stayed.

“I died, Vega gave me immortality which clearly didn’t last long” the words came out bitterly “Except when I woke up, Cavalier had left with one of our boys” she realized with a start that this Io didn’t even know that Lu had children. That had happened after she’d left. It had happened because of a wish Io had given to her, really her child was part of Io, in some strange way. “I went back eventually… didn’t last long. Elysium fell soon after.” 

She lets herself get wrapped in the embrace, warm and familiar. Listening as Io whispered reassurances to her.  “We met while I was already laying under a rock you idiot” she laughed through the tears. “You gave me poppyseed and feverfew, and stayed with me until the weather calmed enough to take me back to crucis.”  She pulled away briefly at ios next sentence, and shook her head quietly. ‘Not when it mattered’  she thought, though she didn’t dare say the words out loud.

She leaned back into her though, allowing her to lead where she thought was best, hopefully somewhere off the sharp rocks. She felt like every ounce of strength she’d felt earlier that day had leached out of her. Stolen away by the past.

@Io Kairavi

<<_L_>>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broke down and put myself back together again - by Luvena - 10-20-2021, 07:57 AM