Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Broke down and put myself back together again

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 14 — Threads: 4
Signos: 10
Night Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  15 [Year 495 Fall]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

Curled ears twitch back while she listens, she's not entirely sure how to respond. Oberon hadn't told her that, she'd only been told Crucis fell apart. Worse she's not sure where she's supposed to stand on the matter of Etain taking over, she'll agree and stand with Luvena on the mutilation, but Io's not sure where she can fall with the Kingdom's take over. Frowning at the thought her ears tip back while she looks down at the smaller mare. She can't stop herself from feeling a bitterness crawl up her throat at the mention of Vega's immortality. Seems about damn accurate for them. Her left ear twitches in annoyance at it, until surprise colours her face when she hears ''our boys''. "Boys? Lu you have kids?" After all the information she takes a second to absorb it, her brow furrowing and making her face harden in thought. "I'll be honest that I didn't know that, Oberon didn't tell me when we last met. I also don't know what I should say about Etain, I don't feel that I can condemn her about taking over Crucis. I don't agree with what's happened to you or Cavalier, I do think that's wrong Lu and I'm sorry. But..." She pauses and has to think on her next words. "I'd be a hypocrite if I judged Etain solely on taking over because I thought of doing the same thing in a new land, and for similar reasons. I also stood by while a new ruler outcast half of that Kingdom. The responsibility of Crucis's outcome falls on me alone, I accept that. But please understand that in some way I am someone else's version of Etain and because of that I don't know where I should stand with that information yet." Something resembling a cold numbness settles down on her when trying to explain and it slowly bleeds into her golden eyes. She doesn't mean to detach from the situation but if she steps back and looks at the picture she can only condemn Etain for the mutilation. If Luvena hates her for it she'll accept that. Should she scream and tell Io to leave after hearing that then she would.

She probably would have laughed with her if she wasn't still trying to process that information, she's struggling to know where her morals should be. Instead of a laugh she offers a smile and a hum of agreement "You're right, we did meet while you were under a rock and I'm an idiot. But the scenery is close enough right? Poppyseed has always worked wonders on just about anything, I carried that everywhere." When Luvena shakes her head Io's ears tip back, she's pained to see the smaller of the two crying. All because of her and her own stupid decisions.

When she leans into Io the golden mare has to bite her tongue to keep from sobbing again, maybe it's a small thing to someone else but to her it's big. She'd hurt Luvena and yet it seemed that she trusted her enough to lean on her. "Alright, let's find somewhere off the rocks and hopefully as flat as we can get." She doesn't tell the smaller mare that she has no idea where she is and that she'd found the beach by dumb luck, instead she points them in the direction of an area that looked flat and far enough away from the waters. Her concern is if Luvena will be okay with the trip considering considering it skirts close to the walls of the cliffs but it's off the pebbled ground and it'll save her from walking in the areas of exposed sand. "Did you find them? Cavalier and your boy?" Careful in her steps she's slow and methodical when choosing where to step, making sure she doesn't jostle Luvena on the way.

"Talk."
IO'S NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Chandrakant

Tags » @Luvena
Voice » Liv Tyler as Arwen
OOC » <3 big oof

io kairavi
“The blood of the covenant is 
thicker than the water of the womb.”
x | x

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
Io's moon marking is on her left hip only and her burn scar on her right shoulder
I sing in Greek and I pray in Latin,
I ache in a language so old that even the earth no longer remembers; 
so dead that it has returned to dust.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Broke down and put myself back together again - by Io Kairavi - 10-21-2021, 10:28 AM