Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - do not go gentle.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

Aislinn VS Ulric

@Aislinn - Total: 83/100

• Attacks 57/65

• 24/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail).
      • 1st post: Introductary post, and not judged.
      • 2nd post: I really like how she had a very primal, adrenaline-kick flight or fight response. Really nice to see an attack that is more a knee-jerk reaction than 'carefully' planned!
      • 3rd post: Dive-bombing is always a fun move, although depending on the situation, can be bad for the offensive character. As always, your attention to detail is mesmerizing!
      • 4th post: No official attacks.

• 18/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 2nd post: Very fluid, and while maybe not the best decision for Aislinn, mistakes are what make things interesting.
      • 3rd post: In this instance, it was a good choice since Aislinn was so close to the ground already - she wouldnt have been able to get too much momentum going to hurt herself. At the same time, using her shoulder is a slightly unrealistic move - as it would mean that she would have to angle herself so that her wing was precariously close to her foe and hitting the ground first. Personally, I would have used her chest - or maybe even the front of her shoulder, where it connects to her neck.

• 12/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 2nd post: Very good writing metrics with few, if any, mistakes! A stray run on sentence here and there.
      • 3rd post: A few small mistakes here and there.

• Blocks 26/35

• 14/15 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 2nd post: While not an official block, I was still very impressed by Aislinn's emotions, inner turmoil, and thoughts distracting her, and her reaction to taking the hit. It all seemed very fluid and natural!
      • 3rd post: Once again - her inner turmoil truly brings life to her characters and action. The picture I got in my head was very clear - a thousand yard stare, and a sudden "coming to" moment where she realized the danger through the fog.
      • 4th post: Not an "official" block, but I did like seeing the aftermath of Aislinn's own attack. Watching her skid along the ground, get dirt in her eyes, and overall suffer for an attack that was done as a knee-jerk, instantaneous decision was very nice. Gave it a nice sense of reality and creativity!

• 10/15 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health and Attack)
      • 2nd post: No official blocks used.
      • 3rd post: The make or break for this block was exactly how far up you decided Aislinn to go (as silly as that seems). The fact that you chose to keep her close to the ground but move her just out of danger's reach was a good choice. I've seen people before (not on Novus, but other sites I was on) "launch" characters into the air - and from a standing position, it's not easy to lift so much weight so quickly.
      • 4th post: No official blocks used.

• 5/5 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 2nd post: No official blocks used.
      • 3rd post: Very good post! I liked the paragraph structures (they read very well), and the analogies were done nicely.
      • 4th post: No official blocks used.

@Ulric - Total: 79/100

• Attacks 53/65 

• 23/25 -- Based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail)
      • 1st post: I was most impressed by your attention to detail regarding their surroundings, Dingo! Most people don't mention or take into account the holes that litter the soil, but you brought it to light and made it a serious concern to Ulric (and an important part in your post).
      • 2nd post: Thus far, this is one of the most creative attacks I've seen in all the battles! I love how Ulric was very meticulous about only aiming for the tips of her wing - and while a harsher strike may have landed him a hit, Ulric intentionally avoiding that gave his actions a personality.
      • 3rd post: No official attacks used.

• 20/25 -- Based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: I think the option to go for a rearing attack was probably the best, given the situation (Aislinn being aware of Ulric's presence). It allowed him to face his opponent, and also not put too much kinetic energy into his attack like rushing would (as too much forward motion can be bad if the attack is dodged). His transition from a gallop to a skidding stop was very smooth, and worded well.
      • 2nd post: I had to re-read the portion about against the earth to move his front half - maybe saying "pushes away from" would make the image more clear? Overall, very fluid motion that I was able to easily decipher after re-reading it the second time.

• 10/15 -- Based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: Mostly just small errors - like a few missing commas, etc!
      • 2nd post: A couple run on sentences.

• Blocks 26/35

• 12/15 will be based on creativity (originality, imagination, and attention to detail) 
        1st post: No official blocks used.
      • 2nd post: Official block used - but stepping on her wing doesn't classify as a block!
      • 3rd post: Although you "officially" used your block, it wasn't actually a block! I do, however, feel that this should not count against you, as you made some very good defensive moves with Ulric in all your posts to lessen or more favorably take Aislinn's damage. The mental picture of Ulric 'splaying' out made me laugh, too!

• 11/15 will be based on realism (mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your Health, Attack, and Bonded animal)
      • 1st post: No official blocks used.
      • 2nd post: Official block used, but stepping on her wing doesn't classify as a block!
      • 3rd post: No official blocks used. I'm actually glad he took this hit, as it would be nigh impossible for him to have avoided it.

• 3/5 will be based on writing metrics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc)
      • 1st post: No official blocks used.
      • 2nd post: Official block used, but stepping on her wing doesn't classify as a block! Good writing metrics overall, with a few mistakes here and there.
      • 3rd post: No official blocks used.

the novus crew

the someday crew

Messages In This Thread
do not go gentle. - by Aislinn - 09-01-2017, 10:54 PM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Ulric - 09-02-2017, 07:09 PM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Aislinn - 09-04-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Ulric - 09-07-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Aislinn - 09-10-2017, 04:14 AM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Ulric - 09-12-2017, 11:01 PM
RE: do not go gentle. - by Aislinn - 09-13-2017, 11:25 PM
RE: do not go gentle. - by inkbone - 10-04-2017, 10:05 PM