Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - glass memories

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

Everything happened rather quickly. In one moment Somnus was greeting the stranger cordially, who returned his words with genuine interest and vague recognition. Ah, a member of the Dawn Court, then? The golden tactician had a moment to internally chastise his lack of foresight, to try and place this giant's scent with that of his home amidst the Citadel, before another had joined their abrupt little get together.

The dunalino gentleman turned his head, watching with keen verdant eyes as Rostislav stalked closer. He greeted Somnus in a way that was to be expected given their rather new knowledge of one another, short and curt, and the former chamberlain couldn't help but notice just how very stressed Rostislav seemed to be. Damaris, the hellhound, seemed to be free of whatever ailed her bond-mate, but before Somnus could ask, Rostislav was going on and addressing the third member of their riverside meeting.

Pardon? 'Hairy beast?' Hardly a professional greeting, by any means, and it was nothing like the meeting that Rostislav had bestowed upon he and Ulric when they had first encountered the robust draft. The monochromatic stranger seemed very inclined to agree, and Somnus was honored enough to witness the following chastise with raised brows and an interested flick of the ear.

Ptolema was the stranger's name, who claimed that... She was a female? Well, then. Masculine features and male genetalia aside, Somnus could accept that. If they, Ptolema, was female and said as much, then who was he to argue? Surely she knew her body better than anyone else.

"Now, now, my good lady, I highly doubt that such drastic action would be necessary. Hm?" Here, Somnus' piercing gaze flicked to Rostislav to judge the stallion's reaction, as well as try and predict his next course of action. With Ptolema's vast size, there was no doubt in the tactician's mind that she could, indeed, flatten him into the earth with a timely sit. "Forgive him. Rostislav merely seems a bit off today." And in quite the way. Perhaps, given time, he could coax the reason out of the draft's lips, but for now? He wouldn't judge. Everyone had their daemons.

Looking back to Ptolema, Somnus flashed her a charming, witty smile. "A pleasure, Ptolema. My name is Somnus, Sage of the Dawn Court. Odd, isn't it? We serve the same Court and here we are, naught but strangers. My apologies for not meeting your acquaintance sooner." Then, he regarded the Night Court member, and hoped that he would not develop a crick in his neck from all of the back-and-forth. "I hope you and Damaris have fared well, Rostislav. We're all the warmer for your presence."

@Ptolema @Rostislav - So sorry for the wait, you two! <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
glass memories - by Ptolema - 09-24-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: glass memories - by Somnus - 10-01-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: glass memories - by Rostislav - 10-01-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: glass memories - by Ptolema - 10-01-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: glass memories - by Somnus - 10-15-2017, 06:38 PM
RE: glass memories - by Morrígan - 10-16-2017, 12:34 PM
RE: glass memories - by Rostislav - 10-22-2017, 10:33 PM
RE: glass memories - by Ptolema - 10-26-2017, 04:52 PM