Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

With the posted decree written by Ipomoea, Somnus had no doubt that the Court would have their plethora of questions. He would be foolish to think otherwise, and he had every intention on answering anything that they tossed his way… But the Dawn King had his own list of concerns that needed to be brought to the attention of his Regime and his Warden, for reasons that were far closer to home. The encounter with Sloane in the library was disconcerting, and then the murders within Viride… His gut churned, and Somnus knew that if he were able to, he would be sick.

Still, he masked his uneasiness and nodded his head gratefully at the assistants that had helped put together a small little brunch. It was nothing fancy; some pastries and biscuits, tea, and coffee. Already his eyes sought out the kettle of coffee, the small pot of cream, and the cubes of sugar resting upon the table. Goodness, but he would need so much caffeine to get through the remainder of the day… Or, perhaps, even the season.

As the assistants were leaving, Somnus beckoned one to stay for a moment. “Please seek out Ipomoea, Pavetta, and Ulric. Tell them to come here as quickly as possible if they can spare the time.” The assistant nodded his head and left the room, off to search for the Regent, Emissary, and Warden. Silence wrapped around the room, seeming to drown the dunalino in its unending depth, but he did not speak to attempt to dispel it. Instead he remained still, letting his eyes fall closed, trying to wrap his head around what the world has become.

Discourse in the east and south, tragedy within their very own borders… What were they to do? What route should they take? It was hard to say, and nearly impossible. Regardless, all Somnus could do was take what they had been given and do what he could to keep their homeland safe.

Inevitably, they arrived. Verdant eyes glanced up to the door as they filtered into the small impromptu meeting room, and he smiled. His gaze roamed across each of them, searching for injury or weariness, and while he could spot the effects of the recent developments on each of them in different ways, they did not appear to be harmed. Thank Oriens.

“Come in, please. Po, Pavetta, Ulric… I think it is far overdue for us to have a little chat.” With a tired smile he motioned down to the meager spread of snacks and drinks. “It isn’t much, but I thought we could have something to eat and drink while we talked. I know that we have had a lot going on since the other evening, but I hope that I did not summon you all at a bad time.”

tag: @Ulric, @Ipomoea, @Pavetta

Council meeting! <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Somnus - 02-25-2019, 09:02 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-18-2019, 12:56 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 04-26-2019, 03:42 AM