Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

It’s a heavy conversation, Somnus knows, but it was never meant to be anything but. With the profound troubles boiling across the world, they had to talk about this. It had been far too long since they, the Regime, had gathered and discussed the happenings across Delumine and the far reaches of Novus. Perhaps they should make it a more regular thing…

Turning his head, Somnus quietly regarded Ulric as the blue roan offered his insight and concerns. The Warden was right. Delumine truly had no hidden ‘demons’, but it was hard to say just what kind of information Sloane was searching for, if anything detrimental at all. Maybe it was the lingering stress of it all thrusting paranoid little thoughts into Somnus’ head. He hoped not. The last thing he wanted was to start accusing the members of his own court of mutiny.

Shoulders slumping, the Dawn King chewed thoughtfully on his lip before taking a sip of his coffee. Letting the cup down to rest once more, he cleared his throat. “Toulouse.” The answer was simple. Both of the twins were good at what they did, and Toulouse had come home quickly when he had sent a beckoning letter to steal him from his assignment in Denocte. Hopefully soon, Tuolouse would send a report from the happenings in Solterra.

Before they could really elaborate on that, Somnus’ gaze was beckoned from Ulric to Pavetta. The words she said were wise and smart; indeed, it would be a bad idea and poor taste to make Sloane feel victimized, but her behavior did warrant concern. One did not survive by being ignorant, and Somnus could not simply exist in such a state. It wasn’t in his nature. Quickly enough, however, Pavetta was continuing on, an uncharacteristic hesitance in her ruby eyes, and her following words felt like a sudden punch to his chest.

Somnus’ breath hitched, his eyes widening minutely. Pavetta was… Stepping down? A sense of alarm blared loudly within his head, but the dunalino did not move. His gaze was rooted upon her own face, searching it for anything amiss. This was so sudden. He hadn’t even heard talk of their Emissary wanting to step down… And yet, even though it left him feeling sick and reeling with shock and uncertainty, Somus would never force her to stay. If the position of Emissary was not within Pavetta’s heart, then he would not wish her tortue to live in a position where she wasn’t happy.

“... Of course, Pavetta. If you ever need anything, please. Do let us know. Your counsel is always appreciated.” With a smile, even though it was quite obviously strained, Somnus allowed Pavetta to see herself out. The echoing of the door closing behind her was palpable, seeming to resonate among the very air around them, and suddenly, Somnus eyed the snacks and beverages he had requested with distaste. His appetite was gone.

Letting out a long, heavy breath, not bothering to hide it from Ulric or Ipomoea, the dunalino shifted a little and leaned back, his expression warped and troubled. “Well… That was rather unexpected, but I’m afraid that we cannot stop now. Have either of you heard from the other Courts? The travesties plaguing the land of Novus seem far more vast now than even when it descended into madness… Is there anything that either of you know that should be discussed?” Anything, no matter how small, might be of grave importance in such trying times.

A humorless chuckle left the stallion’s dark lips. ”... And, I suppose we should also entertain the idea of who might step up as Emissary.” Another task among an endless list.

tag: @Ulric, @Ipomoea

So, since Pavetta has been put into Inactive, I just took liberty and said she left the meeting. If anyone has an issue with that I’m more than okay to change it. :D

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-04-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Pavetta - 03-18-2019, 12:56 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Somnus - 04-01-2019, 02:04 AM
RE: frankly I'm a little disquieting [Regime] - by Ipomoea - 04-26-2019, 03:42 AM